07-10-2013 05:49 AM
I am trying to install an all new BES 10.1.1 trial server and am already on my second try always in a clean Server 2008 R2.
In both times, everything works great during install but the "Licenses" option in the Management Studio does nothing when I click on it.
The hover message reads: "License information is currently unavailable".
The licensing service is running and eveything else is working great but without this I can't even install CALs.
The license.blackberry.com address is pinging and the server has unrestricted outbound access to the internet
Has anybody made a clean install of 10.1.1 and got this working?
I don't even know what I could be doing wrong.
Thanks a lot for any help or comment.
07-12-2013 08:24 AM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Thank you for your question regarding License informationn is currently unavailable.
Can I get you to check the below information please?
1. Open Windows PowerShell and run the command "Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS".
2. If there is no value in the serial number field, recreate the virtual machine with a serial number in the BIOS.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
07-12-2013 08:53 AM
Actually there is a serial number there?
The result of the command is:
SMBIOSBIOSVersion : 090004
Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.
Name : BIOS Date: 03/19/09 22:51:32 Ver: 09.00.04
SerialNumber : 2755-7076-1956-8724-3169-5990-89
Version : VRTUAL - 3000919
Is there anything else I can try?
08-20-2013 03:12 PM
We have the same issue after Upgrading from BES 10.1 to 10.1.1 ... we just opened a ticket for RIM/BlackBerry.
08-21-2013 02:38 AM
08-21-2013 01:29 PM - edited 08-21-2013 01:41 PM
thanks for the link. But:
Telnet is working fine
You couldn´t press on the test button, because the whole licence website is not showing up when that happen. You have only the licence tab but couldn´t click on it. There is only a exclamation mark seen. Here is a screenshot:
08-21-2013 01:47 PM
By the way, if we check the licensing server logs here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10\Logs\FNE
Debug : [21/Aug/2013:18:53:05 +0200] HTTP Connection failed : No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Error : [21/Aug/2013:18:53:05 +0200] FNO poll HTTP POST error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
But Telnet Works fine. So it do not look like a firewall issue to us.
08-26-2013 10:37 AM
I had the same issue, I found I was only able to click the license tab when logged in directly to the server AS the BES SERVICE account. If I logged in as my admin account and then logged into the console as any user, even the local account, I got the saem error as you were having.
08-26-2013 12:42 PM
we checked the issue with the RIM Support. But after a couple of days they still tried to find the issue. So we reinstalled the whole server and build new BES DBs. All users must activate there devices again, but the issue is solved now. A reinstallation from the Client on the Server couldn´t solve the issue. So it must be something in the DBs which was broken.