Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: TMN

BES 10.1.1 Trial - "License information is currently unavailable" error message

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install an all new BES 10.1.1 trial server and am already on my second try always in a clean Server 2008 R2.

In both times, everything works great during install but the "Licenses" option in the Management Studio does nothing when I click on it.

The hover message reads: "License information is currently unavailable".

The licensing service is running and eveything else is working great but without this I can't even install CALs.

The license.blackberry.com address is pinging and the server has unrestricted outbound access to the internet

Has anybody made a clean install of 10.1.1 and got this working?

I don't even know what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks a lot for any help or comment.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: BES 10.1.1 Trial - "License information is currently unavailable" error message

Hello BlueLeviathan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thank you for your question regarding License informationn is currently unavailable.

Can I get you to check the below information please?

1. Open Windows PowerShell and run the command "Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS".

2. If there is no value in the serial number field, recreate the virtual machine with a serial number in the BIOS.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: TMN

Re: BES 10.1.1 Trial - "License information is currently unavailable" error message

Actually there is a serial number there?

The result of the command is:

SMBIOSBIOSVersion : 090004
Manufacturer      : American Megatrends Inc.
Name              : BIOS Date: 03/19/09 22:51:32  Ver: 09.00.04
SerialNumber      : 2755-7076-1956-8724-3169-5990-89
Version           : VRTUAL - 3000919

Is there anything else I can try?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Vodafone

We have the same issue after Upgrading from BES 10.1 to 10.1.1 ... we just opened a ticket for RIM/BlackBerry.

Bastian W.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Please check the following Blackberry KB and look at the troubleshooting steps for licensing:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34359
Developer

[ Edited ]

@

thanks for the link. But:

1.)

Telnet is working fine

2.)

You couldn´t press on the test button, because the whole licence website is not showing up when that happen. You have only the licence tab but couldn´t click on it. There is only a exclamation mark seen. Here is a screenshot:

Licenses Tab

Bastian W.
Developer

By the way, if we check the licensing server logs here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10\Logs\FNE

Example:

Debug  : [21/Aug/2013:18:53:05 +0200] HTTP Connection failed : No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Error  : [21/Aug/2013:18:53:05 +0200] FNO poll HTTP POST error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

But Telnet Works fine. So it do not look like a firewall issue to us.

Bastian W.
New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same issue,  I found I was only able to click the license tab when logged in directly to the server AS the BES SERVICE account.  If I logged in as my admin account and then logged into the console as any user, even the local account, I got the saem error as you were having.

Developer

we checked the issue with the RIM Support. But after a couple of days they still tried to find the issue. So we reinstalled the whole server and build new BES DBs. All users must activate there devices again, but the issue is solved now. A reinstallation from the Client on the Server couldn´t solve the issue. So it must be something in the DBs which was broken.

Bastian W.
Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tbaytel

that answer is unacceptable