Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10

BES 10.1.1 installation on SBS2011 w.SP1

Hi, trying to get this thing going. All went well to the end, all services started, console comes up but cannot login to any of the three consoles using besadmin nor Admin credentials I specified during installation. (UDS,BDS or Fusion one). Always get the same error "Access failed for user besadmin"?

Used Besadmin account to install and windows authentication. Followed pre-requisites, as a matter of fact had BES 5.0 working with no problem before this. Removed BES 5.0 and all registry entries from bes 5.0 and then installed BES 10.1.1

Anyone with a similar experience, solution,workaround ??

P.S I know it is not on compatibility matrix but some ppl reported working.

Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart

Re: BES 10.1.1 installation on SBS2011 w.SP1

[ Edited ]

Update:

I figured at  the end that I had to logon as Admin account that's been crerated along the setup and not BESAdmin as prior to BES10 bes versions. Then was able to ad cals an configure BES10 with email profile, roles etc. However still unable to login to UDS console. Tried Amin, Besadmin ,,,nada. Bit weird as Admin works with BDS,Management tool (aka Fusion), web desktop manager but not UDS?? Am I missing something? Also under Managment Fusion console I have just BDS listed and not UDS....

Contributor
mvannessjr
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3

[ Edited ]

Greetings bbinmyhart,

Try the KB here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29603

With regard to missing the UDS, make sure you add it to the BlackBerry Configuration Tool for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 under the "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab.  You will need to know the FQDN and management port.  If you are unable to connect using this tool, verify the services are started.

Mark
Systems Analyst
---
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 (Bundle 100)
BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.1.1
Microsoft Exchange 2013

Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart

[ Edited ]

Both are already added in  "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab but when I select either one it would not give me an option to recertify any of the two. Both of their Status is shown as Aquired. But here is the weird part, Port of the Universal device service URL  under the "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab is for example Https://servername.domain.local:18802 but When I click on the All Programs>Blackberry Enterprise Server 10>Administration Console for Universal Device Service, web page shows Https://servername.domain.local:6443 ??

If I go to  "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab to add a new domain Https://servername.domain.local:6443 I'd get an error "The BES10 Configuration tool cannot determine if Blackberry Web Services is running at the URL you specified. You should verify the port number and host address or pool name for the Service that you want to add" even though it is running. Restart of this service did not help. 

If i  try to open Https://servername.domain.local:18802 I'd get Page cannot be displayed....If I open Https://servername.domain.local:6443 the login screen displays but when I enter Admin/Password "bad user name and password. " pops up on the screen.

Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart

And btw KB article you mentioned, Cause 3 describes what I see in the logs. But how do you add an account for UDS without logging to it first? With BES10 I would logon as Admin and then create BESAdmin account and assign role to it and tha twould work. But can't seem to find a way to do it for UDS... 

Thanks you for your help.

Lingo87

bbinmyhart wrote:

Both are already added in  "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab but when I select either one it would not give me an option to recertify any of the two. Both of their Status is shown as Aquired. But here is the weird part, Port of the Universal device service URL  under the "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab is for example Https://servername.domain.local:18802 but When I click on the All Programs>Blackberry Enterprise Server 10>Administration Console for Universal Device Service, web page shows Https://servername.domain.local:6443 ??

If I go to  "BlackBerry Management Studio" tab to add a new domain Https://servername.domain.local:6443 I'd get an error "The BES10 Configuration tool cannot determine if Blackberry Web Services is running at the URL you specified. You should verify the port number and host address or pool name for the Service that you want to add" even though it is running. Restart of this service did not help. 

If i  try to open Https://servername.domain.local:18802 I'd get Page cannot be displayed....If I open Https://servername.domain.local:6443 the login screen displays but when I enter Admin/Password "bad user name and password. " pops up on the screen.

Hello,

i got exactly the same issue.

Is this a problem?

Im only wondering about i didnt see my UDS devices like iPhone in the Management Studio Dashboard.

Is this normal?

Acutal i only see my BES10 devices.

Regards

Thomas