Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
hittyh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES 10.1 CAL issue

i installed a new BES 10 a few months ago. upgraded BES 5 CALs to BES 10 and they worked fine and appeared to be perpetual.

BES 10.1 comes out, so i upgrade my BES 10 to 10.1 and again, upgrade my CALs too. Now my upgraded 10.1 CALs have an expiry date on them for 31 March 2014. any ideas on why there is a 10mth expiry date on it?

I have also purchased a 20 user CAL for BES 10.1 from my provider and this also has the same expiry date (31 March 2014). The provider can't make any sense of it and is waiting for a response from BlackBerry.

This was 2 weeks ago.

Has anyone here experienced this?

Thanks.

H

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES 10.1 CAL issue

For the second one, I cannot help you.

For the first one:
My last information is that you will get a new key for your trade ups for the amount of devices you already activated until the end of the year.
Example: If you used the trade up for 100 CALs and you activate 70 BB10 devices (Z10/Q10/Playbook) you will get a new CAL for those 70 devices.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hittyh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BES 10.1 CAL issue

Thanks Oliwer.

The second issue may be a result of a flaw in the BES or CAL upgrade process over a clean install of BES 10.1. Perhaps it records the expiry date of the first CAL and registers it for every CAL thereafter. a problem perhaps with the tables in the SQL database (if the CALs are still stored there).

Do you know if CALs are now meant to be perpetual or licensed annually?

Please use plain text.