Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
jacobl
My Device: BES 5.x

BES 10.1 Free License Offer - not honoured?

[ Edited ]

Not sure how many other companies besides ours took up BlackBerry's "BES 10.1 Free License Offer" back in mid-2013 - the original page is now gone but the T&Cs page for it is still up here: http://ca.blackberry.com/business/blackberry-10/blackberry-10-ready/license-offer/terms.html

I've just finished a very unsuccessful conversation with BlackBerry support about this - we saw this offer back when it was first publicised and decided to take advantage of it (it's a very good one) and purchased 11-12 new BB10 devices and activated them all on our BES server, submitted the PINs to claim the promo and then waited. I got an email back from BB support about our claim on Sep 13th 2013 (two days before the final claim deadline) saying that one of the PINs in our list was ineligible (unsure why) and asking us to resubmit the claim. I replied asking whether they couldn't just accept the 11 eligible PINs and ignore the one that wasn't eligible. I called BB support and after bouncing around between a couple of their helpdesks (we don't have any premier support contract) and spoke to someone else as the original person I dealt with was off shift, and asked them whether we needed to resubmit, or do anything more to process this claim. They said no, it was fine and we'd hear from them in 4+ weeks.

Roll forward to now - it's March and I haven't heard anything further at all from them about this. I called the international support number today, got their Canadian (I think) support and spoke to someone else who looked at the original call and told me that he couldn't help me as a) the promo is now finished and b) he couldn't find a claim from us in the promo period. When I pressed him and told him that we *had* actually submitted our claim within the valid dates, he pointed me to the T&Cs URL (above) and kept repeating "All decisions of Sponsor are final, binding and may not be appealed."

I realise that I should have contacted them earlier about this but figured that just like the interim-to-perpetual CALs that have only last week been issued that there would be a delay in issuing the promo CALs. We purchased the devices, activated them and submitted the claim as per the promo conditions. After now waiting (far too) long for a response I finally call and am told "no promo for you" - I'm flabbergasted to be honest.

Has anyone else had any experience with this particular promo, or can suggest what is the correct channel for us to get this resolved?

To say I'm unhappy with BB's response so far is an understatement.

Thanks!

Jacob

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 10.1 Free License Offer - not honoured?

help@blackberry.com

i emailed them my issue and it was resloved fairly quick

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacobl

Thanks for the response KnottyRope - that was actually the email address I've been using in much of my interaction with BB support.

I've just emailed that again directly, restating the issue - hopefully I'll get the attention of the right people this time.

Regards,

Jacob

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please see the BlackBerry Knowledge Base article (ID: KB35732) for a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the trade up and claim process.

Should you have further questions, please email licensetradeup@blackberry.com and a representative will review your request.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacobl

Hey KnottyRope - those links are for the License Trade-up Program, not the "BES 10.1 Free License Offer" which is a different promotional offer.

No joy emailing help@blackberry.com - I got an automated response telling me about the various self-help tech support options available. I think because we don't have any premium support contract we aren't able to use that directly.

Are you aware of any other email address/phone number that would be appropriate for this?

Regards,

Jacob

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

i would still try that tradeup email address as they should be updated to 10.2

what country are you in?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacobl

We're in Australia.  I've just emailed licensetradeup@blackberry.com - fingers crossed someone actually responds.

Will let you know how it goes, thanks!

Regards,

Jacob

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacobl

This is turning into a saga: I've emailed help@blackberry.com a few times, only to have them a) point me to the T&Cs page and b) tell me they are only tech support and to call BB sales on 1-585-413-5458. I've emailed a contact at BB Australia I had last year but they have moved on from BB since then and the email address their auto-reply says to contact isn't responding.

I just tried calling that but of course it's outside business hours (it's 8:30am here in Aus) - will try again later today, but in the meantime does anyone know a sales email address @ BB? I can't find one anywhere on their websites.

Regards,

Jacob

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

http://au.blackberry.com/customer-service/contact-us.html?LID=us:bb:support:contactus&LPOS=us:bb:sup...

you can use that and maybe try the phone support since it CALs that you got from them

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jacobl

Getting hold of BB Sales seems to be nigh-impossible: apparently they have no email address, only a Canadian phone number. The 16 hour time difference between us and them means I can't speak to anyone during our business hours - so I called them @ 2am Australian time last night during their business hours. One ring and straight to voicemail, where the recorded message says to leave your name, number and Support Subscriber ID(!) and they'll call back in 2 business days.

Really? Why would someone calling sales (mostly prospective customers surely) need a Support Subscriber ID? And there doesn't appear to be a local Australian or Asia Pacific sales phone number.

I left a message but have little faith anyone is going to call back. This is becoming a farce.

Regards,

Jacob

Please use plain text.