Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: 9930

BES 10 10.2.2 Upgrade - Could not Install Core Module

[ Edited ]

Hi all, 

My upgrade to 10.2.2 (from 10.2.0) fails during the finalizing phase (see screenshot below). I've been working on this issue for a while (including blackberry support), but i cant seem to get to bottom of this. I really need this upgrade and so i need to resolve this. I think i've covered every existing kb article (including the obvious proxy/firewall), but nothing worked. It seems like the last proccess runing before it fails is RIM.BUDS.EncryptDatabaseTool.exe. The error points to an issue connecting to SQL, yet prior to the upgrade, BES has no issue connecting to SQL. I have also reviewed every SQL setting (including the Named Pipes and IP protocols) and cant find anythign wrong. I've attached some log files here of my last attempt. I also fired up Proccess Monitor so im including the ProcMon log files

Setup Error

New Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C

Re: BES 10 10.2.2 Upgrade - Could not Install Core Module

reinstall

Contributor

Hi,

Do you care to elaborate? Reinstall what? Based on your assessment, what exactly do you believe to be the issue thus leading to your suggestion? It of course goes without saying that I can't wipe the existing production install.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Hi,

I can only see the processes in that csv file.

Please post the original SetupLog in this format YYYMMDDHHMMSS.log

Thanks

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, my bad, i uploaded the wrong file. I have now updated the link to include the correct log files. You can grab them here

I will like you 10 times if you help me solve this...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

looks like it could not find SQL server

is it local or remote?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor

I had a look through the logs and it seems that a network connection failure to the database caused an exception. However, I think BlackBerry's error reporting is wrong here as I can see that several attempts to run this process have been made and as you've said, a test connection from BES to the SQL server is successful. There might be an issue with the database itself as that process is trying to encrypt the UDS database. I know BB support has scripts that can pinpoint where the issue may be...

Your troubleshooting so far is also spot on so I'm not sure what could be causing this. However, I'd be interested to see what happens if you try to upgrade to 10.2.3

Is that possible?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually wasnt aware 10.2.3 is out. I need 10.2.2 for the updated licensing model (aka gold) when activating regulated devices. Ill try 10.2.3.

Contributor

Same issue with 10.2.3. Here is a copy of the setup log file (which seems to be a lot more descriptive and larger in size)

Super Contributor

It's the exact same issue with the same errors in the logs. There's most likely a problem with your database in that that tool from setup is unable to run - only BB support can verifiy that. They'll probably ask for a copy of your database so they can run the MR against it. At this stage, I'd ask your exisiting ticket to be escalated to a senior analyst at BlackBerry. They will probably need to engage the dev team on this as there is nothing related to this error on their BTSC site.