Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10 Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES 10 AD log in on secondary instance

I have just set up a BES 10 set up that has two BES servers and two routers for high availability. Every thing looks good apart form a stange issue with AD log in, I have created a round robin DNS entry so that our support guys can use a url like bes10admin and it will resolve to which ever server is up.

This works quite well however the issue that I have is that server one where I set up the AD settings is able to to use AD log in and AD look up functions.

On server two however I am unable to see a company structure that I created on server 1 and if I try and maunally create it I get the following error:

• The application has encountered a system error. Please report this error to the System Administrator. (EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.externaldirectorymanager.DirectoryAlreadyExistsRollbackException)

Has anyone set up a similar environment and encountered this issue? I have trwaled through many articles and forums and at am a loss as to what to try next.

BES software version 10.2.2

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: BES 10 AD log in on secondary instance

Hi,

I take it that you are able to login to the secondary BAS node with your AD credentials but that you don't see your users? What's the error?

Have you tried accessing the console using BAS direct authentication rather than your AD account?

The error you get when trying to add your AD info is normal as the directory information already exists in the database saying as its a single BES domain that shares the same database.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

No I can't log into the secondary BAS with AD credentials, the AD drop down option is not available. I can't add any users but I can see all users and devices that were added from the first BAS node. The only way to log into the second BAS is to use direct athentication.

New Contributor

For some reason this is working now, only thing that has happened was a reboot of the VMs which was due to a shutdown to increase the amount of RAM and CPU cores. Checking this morning the second instance is now displaying the AD log in option.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

OK, sometimes the Java on BAS acts up and a reboot usually solves the issue. You should also check that BAS services are running. If so, you can also restart them in the correct order:

BAS-AS

BAS-NCC

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy: