Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK
Accepted Solution

BES 10 | BDS 6.2 | Resetting a Forgotten BAS Authentication System Administrator Password

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum so if the below breaches any guidelines please let me know and I can either edit or remove. I've put this together as it's something I wished I'd had back when I first started working on BES 5. Hopefully it'll help someone out supporting BDS in BES 10.

Also, if someone can advise how to embed images in a post, that would be appreciated.

The below documents a way to reset the BAS Authentication System Administrator (admin) password on BDS 6.2.

The information comes from thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/BES10-admin-lockout-help/td-... with input from KnottyRope and most of the leg work performed and confirmed by Brownin.

****Notes****

• This information was not supplied, confirmed or tested by Blackberry. I have tested this successfully on BDS 6.2.0 (Bundle 45), BAS version 6.2.0.36 and SQL Management Studio 2008, version 10.0.1600.22.
  •  You follow this process at your own risk and I take no responsibility for anything going wrong. This process has worked in my environment, but I'd strongly recommend using this process only in the event that you have not other option and that you take a full backup of the Database prior to performing any changes.
  • The below assumes some basic knowledge of SQL Management Studio.
  • The below also assumes that you had an existing default System Administrator account (Admin) using BAS authentication. The process will probably also work with other BAS  authentication accounts, but this was untested.

1. So you've forgotten your default BAS Authentication login password for the System Administrator (admin) account on the BDS and you're seeing the following:

2. Open SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL server hosting the BDS database using an account that can make modifications to the DB. Expand your BDS database, then Tables.

3. Edit the dbo.EASUsers table. The BAS admin account should have the DisplayName of System Administrator. Allso take a note of the UserId number of the Admin account as you'll need this later.

4. Overwrite the existing encrypted password with BEFFE563B1BBC3313563D0C1F1EB3AB468585AD43B32B1A41C

DBBA810F0C7321858C4272D4B1FF70BFCA284DF77E875F90570FDC39348F493B481065C3D81033:89EF85DC

This is the value for the password blackberry

5. Next, check to ensure that the Admin account still has rights to access the Blackberry Administration Service. To do this, expand the dbo.EASUserRoles table. Check the UserID value against the one noted in step 3 against it's corresponding RoleID value. In order to access the BAS, the RoleID value should be 1 or 2.

6. Save any changes in SQL Management Studio and attempt to log back into the BAS with BAS Authen tication users admin and password blackberry.

7. If successful, reset the Admin password to one of your choosing. Adding another Admin account (AD authenticated perhaps?) may also be an idea to minimise the risk of having this happen again.

Hope this helps.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 10 | BDS 6.2 | Resetting a Forgotten BAS Authentication System Administrator Password

when in full webisite ( knot mobile) click on the tree looking icon to right of smiley and the choose tab on right from other site and put in URL to get pics working

you can edit you post still too

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: BES 10 | BDS 6.2 | Resetting a Forgotten BAS Authentication System Administrator Password

Thanks Knotty. Updated.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: claro

This works on UDS too?

Regards

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

registraciones wrote:

This works on UDS too?

Regards

I have not tried it but let us know if it does

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

thanx 

My Device: BES 5.0 SP4
My Carrier: n/a

I attempted to do this on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP4 but unfortunately it doesn't work.

• The only difference was that the table was called dbo.BASUserRoles

Do I need to remove the AD user setting in Server Configurator - Administartion Service - AD Settings first?