04-12-2013 06:33 AM - edited 04-12-2013 10:44 AM
I'm new to the forum so if the below breaches any guidelines please let me know and I can either edit or remove. I've put this together as it's something I wished I'd had back when I first started working on BES 5. Hopefully it'll help someone out supporting BDS in BES 10.
Also, if someone can advise how to embed images in a post, that would be appreciated.
The below documents a way to reset the BAS Authentication System Administrator (admin) password on BDS 6.2.
The information comes from thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-
1. So you've forgotten your default BAS Authentication login password for the System Administrator (admin) account on the BDS and you're seeing the following:
2. Open SQL Management Studio and connect to the SQL server hosting the BDS database using an account that can make modifications to the DB. Expand your BDS database, then Tables.
3. Edit the dbo.EASUsers table. The BAS admin account should have the DisplayName of System Administrator. Allso take a note of the UserId number of the Admin account as you'll need this later.
4. Overwrite the existing encrypted password with BEFFE563B1BBC3313563D0C1F1EB3AB468585AD43B32B1A41C
This is the value for the password blackberry
5. Next, check to ensure that the Admin account still has rights to access the Blackberry Administration Service. To do this, expand the dbo.EASUserRoles table. Check the UserID value against the one noted in step 3 against it's corresponding RoleID value. In order to access the BAS, the RoleID value should be 1 or 2.
6. Save any changes in SQL Management Studio and attempt to log back into the BAS with BAS Authen tication users admin and password blackberry.
7. If successful, reset the Admin password to one of your choosing. Adding another Admin account (AD authenticated perhaps?) may also be an idea to minimise the risk of having this happen again.
Hope this helps.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-12-2013 10:27 AM
when in full webisite ( knot mobile) click on the tree looking icon to right of smiley and the choose tab on right from other site and put in URL to get pics working
you can edit you post still too
10-10-2013 09:55 AM
This works on UDS too?
I have not tried it but let us know if it does