Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

jgrilo
My Device: Z10

BES 10 - Change Server LOGON account

Hi there, we are running a Bes10 server at our work. It's all running but the previous guy who installed the BES server used the domain administrator account to install. All the Blackberry services are running as domain\administrator.

I'm wondering what the steps would be to change this to a service account instead. I've been reading that unlike previous versions of BES this account does not need full mailbox permission?

Would it be as simple as stopping the services and changing the account? thanks!

Contributor
eeilers

Re: BES 10 - Change Server LOGON account

Hi jgrilo,

I had to do exact the same thing during the last days. As I am not too deep into the sql thing, I did the following:

- added another dbo to BESMGMT Database: The BES install routine adds the user, who installs the server, as the dbo to the BDSMGMT Database. So just changing the service account will not work, because you loose the database connection. Use SQLManager and either change the login name for dbo (I am too dumb to do that) or go the dirty way and add another dbo to the database with the service login name).

- logon as the current user who executes the server services and export the registry key as described here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB18260&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

logoff and logon with the user account that shall run the BES server in the future and import the registry key.

After these steps I could change the service account and everything was fine.

hope this helps.

cheers

eKKi

Contributor
eeilers

Re: BES 10 - Change Server LOGON account

Sorry, just an addition: Do not forget to change the AD user account in the BES configuration, UDS and BDS.

cheers

eKKi