Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4S
My Carrier: Verizon

BES 10 Client compatible with iOS 7?

HI there-

Does anyone have any idea if the BES 10 Client will be compatible with iOS7?  Do we think I'll be safe allowing all my users to upgrade, or should we hold off?

Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: BES 10 Client compatible with iOS 7?

Hi

If you mean the Work Space - no. (not on the last ios7 beta)

i think we see an update of the ios app for the secure work space and a minor update for bes10 in the next days for the support.

here is the compatibility matrix and there is not listed ios7 (and android 4.3) at the moment:

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam/blackBerry/pdf/support/northAmerica/english/bes10_ver_july_30_1...

here the info for Android 4.3:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/55830/BES10_v10.1.2_Critical_Issue_Advisory_DT76687...

i tested both and it dont work at the moment...

myabe we see an update for both in the next days.

zeki

--
zeki
Blackberry GOLD Reseller in Switzerland, novalink GmbH
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply, zeki.  I talked to my boss and ended up paying $99 to join the developer program so that I could get access to the iOS7 beta.  I tried activating with the BES10 client on my iPad last night and it didn't work, stating, "The version of BES 10 Client on your device is not compatible with your organization's server.  Please contact your administrator."

As I was in the process of deleting the BES10 Client app and reinstalling it, an update suddenly appeared for it.  It's now at version 10.2.0.57.  The release notes only state that "This version adds support for native views on iPad".

Sure enough, the client looks much much better on an iPad but surprisingly I was able to activate the client and I'm now getting my email!!  I didn't do anything else that would have caused it to start working, so it must have been the update.  I'm confident enough that I'm going to try it on my iPhone once I finish some work and get the time.  Here's hoping....

Regular Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was only talking about the BES10 Client, not the secure workspace.  I haven't had the time to upgrade our server yet so no secure workspace for us at the moment.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Swisscom

Thanks for the Info. Without Secure Work Space you get an ActiveSync profile on your ios device and yes, that can be running... but not with the work space.

--
zeki
Blackberry GOLD Reseller in Switzerland, novalink GmbH
Regular Contributor

Quick update:

I've applied the beta (and the newest version of the beta, released on Sep 10) to my devices, and several others now.  They all seem to be working just fine - with the BES10 client - and we did not need to update the client to get it to work.  There must have been a change in the latest build of iOS7 or something, but I never had trouble getting the BES client to work after my initial attempt.  So far, so good from my perspective!