Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
BES_Rebel
My Device: Various
Accepted Solution

BES 10 SRP/Auth Key when installing on BES 5 server

Hello,

I currently administer a BES 5.0.1 server which I will be moving to SP4 MR6 in order to prepare for BES 10.  I intend to install BES 10 on the same server running BES 5 since the hardware is only 1.5 yrs old.  We have Advantage support and I recently noticed the installer that allows concurrent installation of 10.1 and BES 5 is available in the support center. 

I am proceeding with my planning and have read, watched, and listened to all the REady 10 information, Trade-up info, FAQ's, webcasts and read forum posts here to compile information.  From all of that I have not seen any prominent information discussing how the SRP ID and Auth Keycode is handled in this migration from BES 5 when you install BES 10 in the environment and, in my case, when installed on the same server as BES 5.  I did see a post from February stating that an SRP ID and Key code could be obtained by d/l the 60 day demo, but if its the demo is the SRP ID and keycode permanent or do they expire in 60 days with the demo?  I would like to use the 10.1 download available in the advantage support downloads, but it doesn't seem like I would get an ID and code from that link since it just goes straight to the download and I do not get prompted for information like is done with the demo d/l where they ask for your email adn then send you an ID and Key code....

I do not understand why the SRP ID and Auth codes were not more prominently discussed in all the Ready 10 promo information since everything starts with the servers(s).  Everything I see only addresses the device CALs.

So in summary my questions are :

1. How and where do I obtain a PERMANENT SRP ID and Auth Key for BES 10 as I have not been able to glean an understanding of this from all the literature and webcasts so far  - is d/l the demo the only way?

2. If I'm understanding the Trade-up literature correctly, we have until 12.31.13 to upgrade CALs for free, after that we pay upgrade pricing.  Does the same apply to the BES 10 server software or will that always be free? I think I understod it to always be free, but i've gone over this info so much that now I'm getting confused....

I greatly appreciate any help provided

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BES_Rebel
My Device: Various

Re: BES 10 SRP/Auth Key when installing on BES 5 server

For anyone else who is newly actively pursuing the BES 10 install and are wondering about the SRP issue in the same manner as I was, I found this post in this forum  via a google search (did not turn up in my results when I searched directly in the forum for smoe reason)... the subject wasn't specifally about SRP (prob why I didn't find it), but the content addesses my question... in short the SRP given in the demo won't expire...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/BES-10-BDS-6-2-What-you-need...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tmendorf
My Device: Z10

Do you have any recommendations for a one box installation of BES5 and BES10.1? I wonder if BES10.1 installer will recognize an existing BES5 and assign port settings accordingly. Please let me know if you had any trouble in setting this up, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if BES 5 is at SP4 MR4, you can install BES 10.1 on it.

I would keep a snap shot or backup of whole BES including database just in case of any issues.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.