Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Zergfest
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

BES 10 Testing - Need more controls

So, we're finally testing BES 10. I've installed and activated two phones, and can change / update / and set policies on them.

However, BES seems to have removed the Parental Controls. I'd like to either remove the Balance and still have BES, or remotely control the Parental Controls on these phones.

Our management looks at these devices as work devices, and thus the "personal" features, such as facebook, twitter, and blackberry world (which is full of games, etc), should not be an option.

I can execute most of these control with Parental controls. However, I'll be unable to reliably MANAGE 70+ mobile devices if we manually set Parental Controls on each handset (if a password gets revealed, it'd be a bloody nightmare to change them all without something central).

Does Blackberry have any plans to extend the controls that BES 10 can put in place, so we can execute the same level of control that we'd like to have? I recall reading about policy packs for the old BES. What are the plans for the NEW BES on the Policy Pack front?

Summary: We need more controls within BES, or a different remote access / control solution for the BB 10's before we can recommend a full rollout in our company.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES 10 Testing - Need more controls

BlackBerry will release more policy rules in the future. What, when and the prices are not known.
Please use plain text.