Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
AdamOwen1
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: EE

BES 10 - UDS - Activation email settings

Hello,

I have encountered a lot of problems with the BES10 installation, our setup is basically a server 2008 R2 box for all elements of BES10 to be installed on.

Obviously encountering those many issues with port configuration for all elements.

What i am finding while testing at the moment is that i have the following when sending acitivation emails:

<CompanyName> has enabled your device for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.  Should <CompanyName> be pulled from somewhere within the settings or do i have to manually change this?

Type your organization's server name. Organization server name: <CompanyServerURL> Should <CompanyServerURL> be pulled from somewhere within the settings or do i have to manually change this?

Also i dont seem to be able to see the password in the activation email, should this also be getting pulled in to the activation email?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: BES 10 - UDS - Activation email settings

I manually edited the UDS emails, I didn't find any place where this information was defined in the UDS config. As for the password, this isn't included by default since you can have the user activate using their AD credentials (which they should already know). If you want to generate an activation password you'll probably have to find a way of inserting this into the email. Perhaps you can use the %password% variable but I haven't tried it myself.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 10 - UDS - Activation email settings

Universal Device Service Administration Guide has the info on page 72

Universal Device Service 6.1 Administration Guide -- 13

good infor here too

What variables are available in the Activation Message template in BlackBerry Device Service

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.