If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES 10 User activation - BlackBerry Discovery Service was unable to register this activation password with the BlackBerry Infrastructure

Another thing: When you open Java in the System Control Panel, on the first tab you have Network Settings - are they configured properly?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
greeno2001
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BES 10 User activation - BlackBerry Discovery Service was unable to register this activation password with the BlackBerry Infrastructure

The settings there are fine too - it's very strange.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
greeno2001

The error message appeared on the new install, but I've managed to get users connecting despite this.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

You can activate using the Advanced settings on the device with the SRP ID of the server as the server address. Should have mentioned that earlier - but it's easier for the user if you can register with the infrastructure.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansellrk

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem as you. Everything is looking OK, all the test in the documentation work fine (Telnet, bbsrptest) but I keep getting the same error message.

You said (And it's marked as "solved") that your users are activating despite this... does that mean although you are getting the error... in fact it looks like the request is working?

Could you clarify how you are activating users?  I'm banging my head against a brick wall here because I can't find any reason why the error is happening.  I've checked the firewall logs and nothing is being dropped out or back in! 

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks

Rob

Please use plain text.
Contributor
greeno2001

Hi

I build a new server and only had the issue with one user. I'm only guessing but think that might have been due to the user having an apostrophe in her name, but I managed to activate her by entering the server ID during the activation. Have you removed the user from any old BES servers?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansellrk

I've removed the user (me) fromt he old BES5 server, yes... but I've also tried with a brand new user (never had BB before) and it gives the same error message :smileysad:

Quite frustrated to be honest, don't know why it is coming back with the error.  The funny thing is it comes back pretty quickly, when I run the bbsrptest.exe I get this response...

S\tools>bbsrptest.exe -host gb.srp.blackberry.com 3101
Attempting to connect to gb.srp.blackberry.com (93.186.25.33), port 3101
Sending test packet
Waiting for response
Receiving response
Checking response
Successful

So I know ALL is OK with communication, both ways. It's almost as though the BB infrastruture is saying get lost, you can't add this user.

I'm assuming you can run two BES servers (BES5 & BES10) using the same domain name for both (i.e. rob@bbc.co.uk)  I know the user can't exist on both... but they both sit in the same domain.

Thanks for the prompt response, much appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
greeno2001

Have you definitely got gb.srp.blackberry.com configured in your BES server? The install initially populated my sevrer with an address that wasn't reachable.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansellrk

You might be onto something here.. I might have picked the wrong serial number / license key when I installed the software... can you confirm which one it is (if your'e doing the trial software like me)?

Thanks... other people injecting thoughts really helps!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
greeno2001

The licenses aren't clearly labelled on RIMS response - so I can see what you mean, but I'm not sure if it's possible to get the serial number wrong. It checks it at the install stage. I entered mine incorrectly a couple of times and it wouldn't let me carry on with the install.

You can double check the SRP address though via:

Servers and Components > Blackberry Domain > Server View > Server Name > Server Name again

Please use plain text.