Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BES 10 User activation - BlackBerry Discovery Service was unable to register this activation password with the BlackBerry Infrastructure

SRP address is fine and tested using bbsrptest.exe

I can put either the BES6 stuff in or the UDS stuff it excepts both during install.

Contributor

Re: BES 10 User activation - BlackBerry Discovery Service was unable to register this activation password with the BlackBerry Infrastructure

well on the same screen I mentioned before, you can see the license key you added.
Contributor

Yep, I've checked all that. I think it may be time to email the company formerly known as RIM. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for all your help.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

the srp address is not responsible for the activation registration! you need a connection to discoveryservice.blackberry.com via port 443 (telnet that from your BAS pls).
If you cannot register, you still should be able to activate, but on the device you need to go via account -> add account -> ADVANCE -> WORK, use the SRP ID of your BES10 as the server address there.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Contributor

Well that worked perfectly! The Z10 has activated and it's connected up my works email (although it hasn't pulled any emails down yet...I'm guessing that's my email profile settings that will need tweaking!

I'd tried that before but it didn't work... so I either typed it in wrong or other things that I've messed with today have fixed the issue.

Ah well, I have 1 active Z10 on a BES10 server... I can go to bed happy.

Thank you very much for your support and advice... and the promptness of response. It is much appreciated.

Rob

Contributor

BTW if there is anywhere that logs problems with ActiveSync I'd be happy to know. I've checked the parameters and they seem fine... not sure why it isn't working!

I managed to get my Gmail account setup on the personal side of the device.

Pretty good the work/personal balance stuff... I can play now :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Yippeee!!! It's working!!!

Needed to tweak the "server name" and use the alias instead (not sure why and don't care!)

New Contributor
My Device: BES10
My Carrier: Telecom

How to find the alias name?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9630 and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Where did you make the Server name change using the Alias name?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9630 and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

I seem to be having the same issue. Where did you make this change?