Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
Tweedle
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Re: BES 10 User activation - BlackBerry Discovery Service was unable to register this activation password with the BlackBerry Infrastructure

So i'm add certificates to all store on the server but it not work. I try to use a SRP Id and give an ansver how it go.

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gap2
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BES 10 User activation - BlackBerry Discovery Service was unable to register this activation password with the BlackBerry Infrastructure

Hi, old thread but I had this exact problem today and discovered something.

KB32363 is incomplete.  I have discussed with blackberry support as I found their error while I was on the phone with them and hope they will be updating the KB but.  If you have this problem, here is what their KB Says, and I will point out what is wrong.

The KB Says:

Cause 2

The Computer hosting the BDS component does not trust the certificate presented by https://discoveryservice.blackberry.com/discoveryPoxmlServlet/registration/. That certificate is one issued by GeoTrust Global CA. If the computer hosting the BDS component does not have this certificate installed, the BAS-NCC service will not trust the connection resulting in the above error.

Resolution 2

Ensure that the computer hosting the BAS component does have the GeoTrust Global CA certificate installed. Current link to download the GeoTrust certificate is http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root-certificates/

What they didn't say that they should have said.

IT IS NOT JUST THE BDS COMPONENT.

Both the computer hosting the BDS Component, AND, the computer hosting BAS must have this root certificate installed and TRUST the certificate for the discovery service.

Otherwise the problem will not go away.

Please use plain text.