Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
bjonas
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

BES 10 User stuck in database and unable to delete him to re-create

[ Edited ]

Hi, i am unable to create a user because he is stuck in the database but i am unable to delete him. I think the issue occured when someone selected to delete him and erase device but the device was manually erased instead. Anyway i can see the user by running the following command "select DisplayName from UserConfig" using sqlcmd but the console does not list the user.

I've read abit about manually removing users in BES Express 5 and Blackberry Professional but the delete command does not work in BES 10.

Can anyone help me delete the user please?

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Please use plain text.
Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Re: User stuck in database and unable to delete him to re-create

What do you mean by manually erased?   Was the user removed through BAS or did someone do it directly from the SQL server?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bjonas

The user was removed through BAS but the user did not completely erase from SQL, BAS can no longer see the user. This is known issue with previous versions and different flavours of BES. We've never has this issue with BES 5 though.

Please use plain text.
Enterprise SME
-BD-

Ok. Just wanted to make sure that by manually removed you didn't mean that the user was deleted through SQL commands being manually run against a table in the database. There are occasions where artifacts are left in the database.  

You likely will need to contact support to get your database analyzed to figure out why this is happening and fix it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bjonas

Got it! easier than i first thought, the user was queued for deletion so i did an advanced search on queued for deletion = true.

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

To verify if BlackBerry smartphone user accounts are queued for deletion, perform the following steps:

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management, expand User.

1. Click Manage Users.

1. In the Search for users menu, click Advanced search.

1. In the Email criteria section of the Advanced Search, select True in the Queued removal of BlackBerry services drop-down box.

1. Click Search.

BlackBerry smartphone users who are pending a deletion, but the process has not completed, will be displayed.

The BlackBerry smartphone user account can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry service by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Display name of the BlackBerry smartphone user that is displayed when searching for BlackBerry smartphone users that are Queued removal of BlackBerry services.

1. Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

if above wont work.

If user is stuck in pending delete, you can drop user from database using the following:

1. Open command prompt
2. Type "osql -E"
3. 1>use BESMgmt
4. 2>go
5. 1>delete from userconfig where mailboxsmtpaddr=''user@domain.com''
6. 2>go

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bysdontcry

So there's a user (ME) that I removed after initial testing of my newly built BES 10 server and it's stuck in pending delete in the admin console.  The SQL above isn't valid for BES 10.  I show a list of users using SQL and it doesn't show me in any kind of state, active or pending delete.  I've had a ticket open with Blackberry Support for 5 days now with no luck yet.  I really need to add myself back so I can work from my phone again.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rameokirby

I'm in the same boat, and bysdontcry is right - the SQL above is not valid for BES 10. Does anyone have the SQL commands that will work for BES 10 ?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you posted in a BES 5 thread, and yes it wont work on BES 10

best to call in support as I have seen a few issue with delete user on BES 10

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rameokirby

[ Edited ]

No, this is in a BES 10 Forum.

Business Support
:
Solutions
:
BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10
:
Re: User stuck in database and unable to delete hi...

But thanks for the advice to contact support

Please use plain text.