Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
vkurian
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: BES 10 and Lotus Domino/Notes

Managed to install BDS and was able to activate the device but no mails. Looks like BDS is not communicating with Lotus Traveler. It was pretty straight forward with BES and now things are getting complicated it seems. We have opened a case with BB support but no luck yet. They have collected all the logs they could and is waiting for their advise.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkurian
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi Oliver,

May I please know what is your Lotus Traveler version? Is it 8.5.3 or any FP after that like 8.5.3.1 or 8.5.3.2? Hope you are using BDS.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdavies
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

vkurian - you may want to have a read through this thread here, I was at the same point as you are roughly a week ago.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/BDS-6-2-email-profile-for-Lo...

Finally had some success myself over the weekend.

Please use plain text.
Gerritse
My Carrier: Verizon

FYI to those in this thread. This is supported with Domino Traveler 8.5.3.3. The documentation for this new release leaves much to be desired, but it is able to be implemented.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GDkitty
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Correct, it is supported with 8.5.3.. there are just a few things not working 100% (like calendar meeting accepts, etc)

It took a little bit of work, but we finaly got everything up and running here.

While the documentation for the BES10 says that alot of it can run side by side with the BES5, we did run into a few things.

The BB10 management console seemed to install fine on the same server as BES5.
The BDS took a little work, but installed fine.
Also tried to install the UDS, and it was having issue and wouldnt install on the same server.

in the end, decided to use another server, and installed all 3 new components on it, and all installed cleanly and are working fine.

Please use plain text.
Gerritse
My Carrier: Verizon

I assumed until I read a little further into the thread that everyone was using the traveler app for android/ios devices.  I have not tried calendar entries or to dos from the playbook. But I don't recall seeing an app for the todos.

I have android devices and I have UDS pushing out the apps that I want. The downside is that there is a lack of control to wipe the data with the android.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jadenicolay
My Carrier: Blackberry user

We use succesfully Traveler 8.5.3 over Domino 8.5.3FP3  and BES10

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GDkitty
My Carrier: Bell Canada

jadenicolay wrote:

We use succesfully Traveler 8.5.3 over Domino 8.5.3FP3  and BES10

Yes, it is sucessful to do it that way.. have it currently configured in that method.

But some of the callendar stuff does not work, like when you get a metting request, you are un able to accept it, etc.
Email in/out seems to work fine though otherwise.

It does look like Traveler 9 has been fully released though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stefan_kahr
My Carrier: A1

Hello Everybody!

We have installed the new BDS 6.2 Server and the new IBM Traveler Server v9 in our Test environment.

We sucessfully activated a new Z10 device on the BES 10 Server.

The Email Syncronisation via Traveler 9 Activesync works quite good. Also the Syncronisation of Calendar an Contacts ist running.

Bur we cannot sync Lotus Notes Task or Notes to the Z10 Handheld (i do not have an entry for notes / task in the Remember App in the Work Perimeter)

On the Traveler Server and on the BES Server in the Email Profile the sync settings have been controlled and are correct (sync of Tasks and Notes is enabled)

Does anybody use the same Software Version (BES 10 and Notes Traveler 9)? Please tell me your suggestions and configurations.

Thank you very much.

Greets

Stefan

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
manalotomarvin
My Carrier: *

Hi,

We currently run Domino 7.0.1 and BES 4 with our pre-BB10 devices.

Now we want to sync a BB Q10 thus we would be setting up another Domino 9 server to get Traveler (still have Domino 7 running alongside).

Currently, we also do not have active directory running.  Is Active Directory really a requirement if the mail server is Domino 9 and not Exchange?

Hope to get some assistance on this.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.