Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
sparkz10
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

BES 10 transport method

Hello

first time here on these forums, was wondering what is the path of communication between a blackberry 10 device and exchange server. Is it direct  activesync link between blackberry 10 device and exchange  and the BES 10 just handles policy on the side or is it everything being proxied through the BES 10 server. Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Enterprise SME
-BD-

Re: BES 10 transport method

[ Edited ]

sparkz10 wrote:

Hello

first time here on these forums, was wondering what is the path of communication between a blackberry 10 device and exchange server. Is it direct  activesync link between blackberry 10 device and exchange  and the BES 10 just handles policy on the side or is it everything being proxied through the BES 10 server. Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

It depends on the policies that are setup.  If you are connected to an eterprise WIFI or VPN and NAC (Network Access Control)  IT Policy is off you will connect to ActiveSync directly.  If NAC is on it will route the traffic through BDS.  When not connected to one of the above traffic will be routed through BDS.

New Contributor
sparkz10

Re: BES 10 transport method

thanks for the clarification, is there any documentation that indicates this also ?