Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mlchris2
My Device: too many to list

BES 4.1.2 database issues after accidentally removing SQL instance. HELP!!!

Alright, I was doing some server cleanup and removed an instance of Veritas Backup Exec from the server running BES 4.1.2. Little did I know that BES was using the SQL instance that Backup Exec was using.... I am a BES novice but am very techincal.

As of right now mail is not flowing and Im in deep.

I need someone's help. My boss is out and I cant call in support at this current time.

Here is what I have. I have a SQL2010 server running on a 2nd server.

I found the BESMgmt.ldf/mdf.bak files and copied and attached them in \\Server2 instance of SQL.

Im an running the BES Software Configuration Wizard and having some trouble.

Can someone help me with getting this back up.

MC

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 4.1.2 database issues after accidentally removing SQL instance. HELP!!!

I also would recomend its own instance if other databases are present on the SQL server.

I just makes things easier in the long run.

KB03112 - How to move the BlackBerry Configuration Database to a new Microsoft SQL Server instance

2010 might not be supported but you can use SQL express on the BES server if needed.

Blackberry Enterprise Server compatibility chart
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Download and install MS SQL Server 2005 Express if needed.

Enable named pipes and TCP/IP in SQL express.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V