Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
drwatson101
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

BES 4.1.6 to 5.0.1- 3DES vs AES

[ Edited ]

I've built a parallel 5.0.1 BES and using the Transporter to transfer 4.1.6 BES
Users to the new server.  Out of 19 transfers, we have had 3 develop the "activation icon"
for the sync. 

Since there are about 380 more to transfers to make would like to avoid the calls as to
why, for the remaining users this could affect.

I understand this can happen when Encryption settings are different on the servers. Also
have referenced KB05429 for explanation.  It details how to fix the BB device, and discusses
that it can be fixed on the server with proper credentials.  However, it doesn't point to an
instruction on where to correct this on the servers.

Anyone know exactly where I can find these settings on the two admin consoles to rectify?

Thanks

Chris

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Msprey
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BES 4.1.6 to 5.0.1- 3DES vs AES

The settings are under the configuration tab in 4.0 and in the component view and bas on the 5.0.  Just to let you know we had an entire bes worth of users had to be reactivated after a transporter move, and both servers had 3DES and AES set.  I am not completely sold on this being the root cause. 

The error is documented here.  I would like to hear what the RIM experts say to this

M

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Msprey
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Note,  here is the case we had opened for this issue along with the knowledge base article:

INC000021402523

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13160

msprey

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have seen quite a few posts about encryption levels that must match or devices will need to manaully activate to rid the auto activation that will go on untill you do it manually.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.