Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES 5.0.1 Upgrade

I am planning on rolling out BES 5.0.1 upgrade later today. I have been going through the RIM doc's to make sure I haven’t missed any step's and I came across this "suggestion"

Step 1: Pre-Install tasks.
Install ExchangeMapcdo.exe on Exchange 2007 server
Install MDAC 2.8SP1 + Security Patch on BES server
Install JDBC Driver 1.1 on BES server

One other thing was backing up the BESMgmt DB, can I backup the database in the SQL server using the "backup" option? or should I use the RIM suggestion "BlackBerryDBBackup.exe -d BESMgmt -f C:\DB_backup_folder -U sqlusername -P sqlpassword"

Sadly I have tried to get approval for RIM tech support as a precaution measure but it was denied. So I'm left to learn as I go I guess. From ALL the RIM documents that I have read about the BES 5.0.1 upgrade (Which I have to say are that not great, I've had to re-read some sections 2-3 times to get a clear as mud understanding.)

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0.1 Upgrade

Using the SQL backup is fine, just make sure it is verified.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V