Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
HBShook
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0.3 MR4 - Mapi/CDO Update

Hi all,

Server 2008 R2 x64

I follow kb15779 (and everything i can find related to it) to update MAPI and CDO.  I get through everything to the point of recreating the MAPI Profile, but when i go to BB Server Config and Edit Mapi I get "The MAPI subsystem cannot be correctly initialized and used."

I did this a week or two ago on one of our 2003 BES servers, and things went flawlessly.

I realize 2008 r2 is a different monster, but i cannot figure out what is going on.

Just for reference I am NOT pleased that our last admin setup a BES on 2003 and one on 2008.  This process is so we can right-some-wrongs and get to exch2010.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HBShook

Re: BES 5.0.3 MR4 - Mapi/CDO Update

Got it figured out and I'm kicking myself:  Previous Admin used a different service accounts for each of our BES', dont ask me why.  Ran everything under the appropriate account, bingo.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to see you figured it out

hopefully each BES is using a dedicated Mail server that hosts its BESAdmin account.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HBShook

[ Edited ]

They are indeed.  I also have another question related to this topic.  We have a few BES' all on MR4: If we update to a new release in the future, do we have to update all of our servers at the same time?  Or can they function properly at different releases?

We are unfortunately not running HA, but they are all "linked" for the BAS WebUI.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Aermak
My Device: 9790

Different service accounts for each of our BES might be related to this: Issues with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server when using a Windows Server 2008 Global Catalog Server - NSPI Bind Limit exceeded http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17325
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if they are all using the same database, you should update them all at the same time.

If separate databases, you can do one at a time.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.