Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
HBShook
My Device: 9650
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0.3 Port/IP Blockign

Hi guys,

Short story:  Our security team is screaming about some IP's and related ports on our BES.  Has anyone seen these before and can give me some more info, is there reason for concern?

Thanks!

Process Name      : bmds.exe

Process ID        : 1188

Protocol          : TCP

Local Port        : 1047

Local Port Name   :

Local Address     : -----

Remote Port       : 80

Remote Port Name  : http

Remote Address    : 205.247.221.26

Remote Host Name  :

State             : Established

Process Path      : C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\bin\bmds.exe Product Name      : BlackBerry® Mobile Data Server Connection Service

File Description  : Mobile Data Server Connection Service

File Version      : 5.0.3.60

Company           : Research In Motion

Process Created On: 10/27/2011 6:57:36 AM

User Name         : -----

Process Services  : BlackBerry MDS Connection Service

Process Attributes: A

Added On          : 10/27/2011 2:53:48 PM

Module Filename   :

Remote IP Country :

Window Title      :

================================================== Process Name      : bmds.exe Process ID        : 1188 Protocol          : TCP Local Port        : 1044 Local Port Name   : Local Address     : ---- Remote Port       : 80 Remote Port Name  : http Remote Address    : 93.184.216.119 Remote Host Name  : State             : Close Wait Process Path      : C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\bin\bmds.exe Product Name      : BlackBerry® Mobile Data Server Connection Service File Description  : Mobile Data Server Connection Service File Version      : 5.0.3.60 Company           : Research In Motion Process Created On: 10/27/2011 6:57:36 AM User Name         : -------- Process Services  : BlackBerry MDS Connection Service Process Attributes: A Added On          : 10/27/2011 2:53:49 PM Module Filename   : Remote IP Country : Window Title      : ==================================================

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0.3 Port/IP Blockign

that is for the devices to surf the web through the BES server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HBShook
My Device: 9650

Also their big issue with this is, "where do those IPs go", "this is a security risk(because we dont know where the ip's go)", and (along the same lines) "someone could be using an anonymous browsing client".

What would your thoughts on that be?  In my mind to over-simplify matters; if it runs through a Blackberry Service, I personally dont care where it goes.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES uses end to end encryption between the server and device, so I dont see the issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

[ Edited ]

BES user androidn to enterprise encryption between the server and device, so I dont see the is user

[Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use]

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

kotji wrote:

BES user androidn to enterprise encryption between the server and device, so I dont see the is user

[Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use]

I dont under stand your question or issue

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

I do sent the is user

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

kotji wrote:
I do sent the is user

I dont know what you are saying

Please use plain text.