Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
travisscc
My Device: Non-User
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0.3 migration to BES 10.1.2

[ Edited ]

I have a customer who is wanting to upgrade from BES 5 to BES 10 on a new server so that they can retire the old server entirely.  I haven't been able to find any information yet on how to plan and implement this sort of upgrade.  Are there any specific instructions as to how to transfer the databases tothe new machine?  Are there any concerns about doing so?  Is it even possible?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
travisscc

Re: BES 5.0 migration to BES 10

For clarification, this is BES 5.0.3 to 10.1.2

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BES 10 is an add on and only works with BB10 devices

You can have all installed on one server though, BES 5 and 10

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
travisscc

Aha, so if they have no BES10 devices, there is no point in migrating?

What if they use a lot of iOS devices and Android devices?  Are they supported by BES 5?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

travisscc wrote:

Aha, so if they have no BES10 devices, there is no point in migrating?

maybe there is

What if they use a lot of iOS devices and Android devices? get BES 10 for a MDM solution for them

Are they supported by BES 5? no

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
travisscc

All right, so I would need to run BES 10 and BES 5 to support a mixed environment, yes?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

travisscc wrote:
All right, so I would need to run BES 10 and BES 5 to support a mixed environment, yes?

yes

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
travisscc

Thank you very much for all of your help.  I was rather thrust into this project with very little knowledge of how all this works and you've been extremely helpful to me.  I appreciate it.

With this information I can start to do some reading and proper planning for this project.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

come back with anymore questions

Please use plain text.