Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

weissidrum
My Device: 9800

BES 5.0.4 & BAS-NCC.exe Application Error & Administration Service - Native Code Container service terminating

Hi guys,

I installed BESX 5.0.4 in Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4 Environment on a windows 2008 r2 sp1 server.

The following service is terminating every few minutes:

The BlackBerry Administration Service - Native Code Container service

Application Log:

Faulting application name: BAS-NCC.exe, version: 1.2.3.1, time stamp: 0x4ebd2fb1
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x2968
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd9b21be50e348
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\External\Bin\BAS-NCC.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 136e5888-0715-11e2-bafd-000c299bdda4

It looks like the error a few months ago:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB23927&sliceId=2&cm...

This error was fixed in BES 5 SP3 but seems to be back in BES5 SP4

Do you have any known issues?

Thanks in advance.

kind regards

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0.4 & BAS-NCC.exe Application Error & Administration Service - Native Code Container service terminating

You are the first to report it, have you tried the workarounds?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
weissidrum
My Device: 9800

Re: BES 5.0.4 & BAS-NCC.exe Application Error & Administration Service - Native Code Container service terminating

These workarounds are not possible in my environment. I can not uninstall all of this hotfixes and SP on my server.

But i would be interesting if there are more installations with this issue!?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheBull
My Device: Bold 9900

We are also experiencing this issue since SP4 install. Service stops and starts every 3 or 4 minutes and BAS-NCC.exe is running at 100%. A manual restart of the service has fixed it but not sure for how long.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsplatt
My Device: 9300

I was getting the service terminating every few seconds on 2008 R2 sp1 following and upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4. I uninstalled one of the hotfixes in this article (cant remember which one)

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB25330&sliceId=2&cm...

which seems to have stopped the crashing but now I’m experiencing the BAS-NCC process running at 100% cpu usage as mentioned by others. Restarting the service is only a temporary fix as the process will again grab all the cpu after a short while.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsplatt
My Device: 9300

Still having to restart the BAS-NCC service every time i want to access the admin console due to the process ramping up to 100% cpu all the time.

Should of stayed on 5.0.3

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ederkley
My Device: Not Specified

FYI

We're getting a similar issue atfer upgrading from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 where the BAS-NCC service fails but ours does it every 1 or 2 hours - within a minute or so. ie. 2:10am, 4:12am, 5:11am, 6:12am

This issue only occurs on the Windows 2008 R2 platform, the service runs fine on our backup BES server running on Windows 2003 R2 OS.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10

Same here: BAS-NCC.exe is constantly running on 100% CPU after upgrade to 5.0.4.

Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2007

Thank God this is on a test system. Definitely not going to upgrade production until this is fixed.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ederkley wrote:

FYI

We're getting a similar issue atfer upgrading from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 where the BAS-NCC service fails but ours does it every 1 or 2 hours - within a minute or so. ie. 2:10am, 4:12am, 5:11am, 6:12am

This issue only occurs on the Windows 2008 R2 platform, the service runs fine on our backup BES server running on Windows 2003 R2 OS.

using a proxy?

BAS-NCC process crashes at ten minutes past the hour

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ederkley
My Device: Not Specified

Ahh thankyou! That looks like it was the problem. Redefining the proxy exceptions seems to have stopped the crashing. Weird we never had this problem in 5.0.3 and haven't changed the proxy exception list in many months.
Please use plain text.