If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
claudius
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0 A general mailstore error was encountered - so no redirection folders...

Hello all,

Any help on this one would be very appreciated.  I did find an existing post but there was no real end solution listed other than thye guy who was having the problem ended up reinstalling everything.

I am new to BlackBerry - however the install went well, everything works, and the 40+ 8900's activated without problem.

I just want to be able to set up redirection settings for users folders by either logging into the BAS as the admin, or letting users log into the web desktop manager.  The problem is that the folders are not shown and in red at the top of the page is the following error message:

A general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the users redirection settings. The redirection folders will not be displayed.

That is the message I get when going in through the BAS.

The error the users get is slightly different, but reads:

The personal redirection folders are unavailable. Contact your system administrator.

I've checked the logs and there is a very helpful "error 609, unknown error" listed in the BAS log.  I've restarted the BES server, restarted individual services, made sure the mailstore service is set to automatic and is running.

I've restarted exchange too.  (Its an SBS 2003 box by the way).

As I say - everything else seems to work fine - just that one item.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abrownusa

Re: BES 5.0 A general mailstore error was encountered - so no redirection folders...

Im getting the same exact error now for some reason when i attempt to update users folder redirections. Could it have something to do with Exchange 2007 SP2? I applied Exchange 2007 SP2 on Monday of this week. Everything else seems to be running fine other than not being able to change redirect folders.

A general mailstore error was encountered while attempting to retrieve the users redirection settings. The redirection folders will not be displayed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
claudius

Re: BES 5.0 A general mailstore error was encountered - so no redirection folders...

I guess your issue could be related/similar - however as you are using exchange 2007 SP2 and getting a slightly different error message than me it may well be different.

My BES is a new 2003r2 box.

My exchange is on a SBS2003 box.

Any help would be extremely helpful - any Blackberry experts out there able to help??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
claudius

Sorted.

No solution was forthcoming and I'm on quite a timeline with this - so I did as the other chap did and uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all.

It works now - so that will have to do.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abrownusa

Is your DB remote, or MSDE? My DB is on a remote server. So my understanding is i can uninstall and reinstall on the same server and not run into any problems?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

abrownusa wrote:
Is your DB remote, or MSDE? My DB is on a remote server. So my understanding is i can uninstall and reinstall on the same server and not run into any problems?

It is called knife edge cutover and with a remote database it is fairly easy if you have done it before.

All the info is in the DB.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
al_ias

For mailstore errors you see in BAS you can get the correct error code more easily in the NCC log.
Please use plain text.