Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

BES 5.0 HA

Hi,

I have a question about the 5.0 and High Availability.

My understanding was that the HA is good becuiase if the BES, or the site where the BES is fall sover, then a backup BES can take over within seconds for the complete BES access.

So both BES need:

- Access to the remote SQL database

- Access to the Mail server and amil server accounts.

If the Exchange is down then no matter what BES you have the failover BES wont work, will it?

Does Exchange have a HA failover service?

If it does, then will the backup BES pickup people on the other Exchange server through AD or are the accounts still required to be wiped and activated on the NEW BES (i.e. the BES SQL state db has info about the old server and thus needs to be pointed to the *new* mail accounts....)

Thanks for helping clear up my understanding of BES 5.0...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0 HA

OzBBerry42 wrote:

Hi,

I have a question about the 5.0 and High Availability.

My understanding was that the HA is good becuiase if the BES, or the site where the BES is fall sover, then a backup BES can take over within seconds for the complete BES access.

So both BES need:

- Access to the remote SQL database YES

- Access to the Mail server and amil server accounts.  YES

If the Exchange is down then no matter what BES you have the failover BES wont work, will it? No exchange means no connection.

Does Exchange have a HA failover service? You can cluster it for HA, I never tried.

If it does, then will the backup BES pickup people on the other Exchange server through AD or are the accounts still required to be wiped and activated on the NEW BES (i.e. the BES SQL state db has info about the old server and thus needs to be pointed to the *new* mail accounts....) Might want to look at neverfail or comparable product.

Thanks for helping clear up my understanding of BES 5.0...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V