Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
abarnes
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES 5.0 & HA Questions

Agreed that mutliple technologies can be adopted but another thing to consider is the coordination of the failover across a number of management interfaces.  On the expensive front I think this is all relative, for example bear in mind that remote resiliency will require SQL Server enterprise edition for asynchronous mirroring to avoid disruption on the primary server caused by network latencies/failures.

gregoryfalowo
My Device: Blackberry 8700

Re: BES 5.0 & HA Questions

I have a scenario with the following and need to confirm if this will work using BES 5.0.2 SP2, Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008 Enterprise

We have established a WAN link between HQ and DR site (at least 1GB on a Dark-fibre)

We plan to implement Exchange 2010 DAG and cosolidate mail access in an Exchange cluster. BES (Standby and Primary) will essentially connect to a CAS node.

BES Confiugration database has been migrated to SQL 2008 and we plan to engage SQL db replication to DR site. Stand-by and Prmary will connect to same-name instance of the configuration database.

What should i be worried about in this scenario.

Kind Regards

Grgeory