Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
ivory1029
My Device: Not Specified

BES 5.0 for GroupWise?

Greetings,

Is there any timetable on the availability of BES 5.0 for Novell GroupWise? Thanks for the response.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BGunnells

Re: BES 5.0 for GroupWise?

::bump::

We are now entering the mature phase of Q4 2009, and still no new word on this release.  HELLO RIM?!  Is there any REAL status update on this?  (Anyone?  Anyone?  Beuller?)  Can you at least dangle a carrot out there for us?

The only information I can find is the same ol' unofficial rumor and speculation that has been repeated ad nauseam for the last six months, when availability for BES 5.0 for Exchange and Domino were officially announced, in a press release that did mention GroupWise as well (04 May 2009 -- http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=2309).

Here is a sample of the "news" that's available regarding BES 5.0 for GroupWise:

"[. . .] BES 5 for GW should be available some time in the autumn."  (11 May 2009 -- http://www.gwcheck.com/wpml/?p=1345)

"Some great news for all GroupWise customers who are awaiting the latest release of the Blackberry Enterprise Server for GroupWise - it's coming."  (08 July 2009 -- http://www.novell.com/communities/node/8641/update-bes-5-groupwise-beta-program)

"[. . .] know if BES 5 for GW is actually going to ship? I cannot get a straight answer from RIM. Three different salespeople told me 'I don't know...'"  (01 Oct 2009 -- http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/groupwise/version-independent-forums/gw-mobil...)

OK, so...  um...  w00t?

-=B

Please use plain text.
roel1917

Why does RIM show the 5.0.1 version in their BES Compatibility Matrix for GroupWise?  They just updated it on 12/02/09.  They do conveniently show NA under the GW Client versions they support. 

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/server_groupwise_ver_december2_09.pdf

RIM - Where is 5.0.1 for GW?

Please use plain text.
Bryonn

From what I have gathered BES 5 for GW will no longer require the client as it is supposed to be 100% SOAP and will communicate directly with the POA. :smileyhappy: So the supported GW client should be N/A.

If they have published the Compatiblity Matrix for 5.0 then release has to be 'close.'  For what it is worth...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BGunnells

[ Edited ]

Over a YEAR, and we're still waiting...

Interestingly, comparing the 12/2/09 version of the "BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Novell GroupWise Compatibility Matrix" (using the link provided above - thanx roel1917), and the most current version of the same document (dated 3/31/10), apparently versions 5.0.1 AND 4.1.7 have been dropped from the matrix.

W. T. Mc F. ?!?!

I swear, RIM's starting to lose it.  BES 4.x is a turd of epic proportion.  If we weren't so deeply entrenched and heavily dependent on the enterprise-class service the BlackBerry platform provides, I'd drop the whole enchilada like a bad habit.  I guess that's what these guys are counting on.

iPhones work with Exchange, right?  I'm about done with Novell too...

< /vent >

-=B

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BGunnells wrote:

iPhones work with Exchange, right?   

only for a few hours with a corrupt contact or calendar entry that causes endless constant sync :smileywink:

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Saw a tweet that it is available in BETA for everyone

http://blackberry.com/beta

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BGunnells

Yeah, I actually got an invite from RIM for this on 6/2/2010:

We are very pleased to announce availability of the Beta3 release of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server v5.0 Service Pack 1 for Novell® GroupWise.

Please keep in mind that as the software has not been released and is confidential.

Software and Documentation

The following software is now available to you via BlackBerry Beta Zone:

• BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0 Service Pack 1
  • BES Resource Kit – Enterprise Transporter
  • BlackBerry Enterprise Server Documentation in English

"Sweet!" I thought.  "It's about time!"  So I have been logging in there for the past week, and all I see this:

2187iE9EE6C4F6EBF0BE8

::sigh::  I'll be down the hall if you need me.

-=B

Please use plain text.