Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0 from 4.1.x - WHY ??

took me a couple of years to get a device, fight for one if you are goinig to suppot it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PsPaPa
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I wonder, are you using a 5 BES cluster environment.

Did you notice the BAService is running on both servers, but just one has a active connection to your Backend SQL ? I did and this is not necceserrely the Primairy server.

I'm thinking that the error starts when you create or move a user on the server which has not got the active SQL connection. How to fix it, is a diffrent matter.

Make sense toe you ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Danofre
My Device: Curve 8830
My Carrier: Verizon

Why yes, we are running a cluster.

4 Active/Standby BES

2 BAS

2 MDS

2 SQL Mirrored

Figured out my own fix. First set activation password. Attempt to activate. Cancel activation, wait a minute. Try to activate and it works. Stupid but the workaround is better than fighting it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PsPaPa
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Does BAS run on all of your BES servers ? And are you able to make user changes on all of them at the same time. I Cannot. I can view user info and try to change it but when it comes to saving it. It will not. One of the two will accept the change.

Please use plain text.