Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES 5 BAS Error: EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.servicemanager.ServiceNotFoundException

Hi everyone.

Just setup a BES 5 server; I have 2 issues.

When trying to view the BAS component in the webconsole I click on it and get the following error returned:

EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.servicemanager.ServiceNotFoundException

Also i am unable to login using Active Directory authentication i think the problems may be related.

Any ideas? all help is appreciated.

thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: BES 5 BAS Error: EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.servicemanager.ServiceNotFoundException

These 2 KB articlkes solved my BAS and AD authenication issue:  KB18197 & KB18161

The account I was using had an non-supported character.  Then when I changed it to use a different account, I then had to follow KB18161.  Make sure to restart BAS services after each change you make.

New Contributor

Re: BES 5 BAS Error: EXCEPTION-com.rim.bes.bas.servicemanager.ServiceNotFoundException

Thanks Sham,

I checked the log file and noticed the password was unable to be decrypted.

I have re-installed the BAS. No more BAS error as shown above BUT still cannot log into webconsole/desktop using Active Dir. Authentication.

Log file now shows this: ( the ldap server name in the log is being truncated and not taking proper one for some reason it seems )

(06/02 14:45:41:756):{http-BES.Mydomain.INC%2F10.0.0.104-443-1} [com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.LdapSearch] [INFO] [ADAU-1001] {u=SystemUser, t=5561} LOGIN ERROR:  getActiveDirectoryRootDseInformation could not get rootDSE attributes for URL ldap://Mydomain.inc:389 error=javax.naming.CommunicationException: Rideau.inc:389 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine]

My ldap should be in the format ldap://hostname.mydomain.inc ( ns-1.mydomain.inc ) but it appears differently in the log.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks alot.