Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
nigeharvey
My Device: 9000
Accepted Solution

BES 5 SP4 not reading Global Catalogue

Hi All,

Patched my BES 5.0.3 MR8 to SP4 yesterday and now it has decided to ignore GC servers and read in all user accounts AND CONTACTS in the root domain (where the BES sits).  The only way I can add a user from one of the child domains is to deliberately add a user frpm the comapny address book as the BES hasn't read any of the child domain user info from the GCs.

Anyone else seen this and htf do you fix it!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nigeharvey

Re: BES 5 SP4 not reading Global Catalogue

Update:

Have now carried out an ordered restart of the server pack - no change.

Set the BAS to use two declared GCs - refresh available user list... no change

Set the BAS back to automatic GC selection -refresh available user list ... no change

This is not good ... :-(

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Check the MAGT MAST logs for some hints on it

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nigeharvey

Hi knottyyrope,

I'm away from my desk now so can't post logs yet.  quick background - upgrade BES5.0.3MR8 to 5.0.4 - BES now only sees the users AND CONTACTS from my root domain but not the original users (only) from the global catalog.  tried svr restarts and declaring GC servers (and back to auto) but no change.  Shows as can't find a user from a child domain when trying to create a new BB user BUT you can add them from the company address book and then finish adding them to the BES!  Searching the BES normally seems restricted to the root domain.

I'll try and get this updated tomorrow - many thanks for taking an interest!

NigeH

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nigeharvey

That was sneaky.

We use MAPI for address book lookups and installing SP4 turned LDAP on.

Turned LDAP off - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05174 and set to zero instead of one, then restart the Blackberry MailStore service - refresh the available user list and Hey Presto - back to normal (for us at least)!

Many thanks to Alan at Vodafone for spotting that little gem in the Logs.

Hope it's a useful fix for others out there - BFN - NigeH (and many thanks to those who offered assistance)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for posting your solution with us

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.