Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
rameokirby
My Device: Z10

BES Administration Console / UDS

Recently Upgraded to BES 10.2.3, although this problem existed in 10.2.1.  The windows service BES10 - Administration Console will not start.  If I try to start it in services it get the following error :

Windows could not start the BES10 - Administration Console service on local computer - Error 5: Access is denied"

The service is set to Log On using Network Service. Funnily, if I set that to log on as the account I used to install the program, it starts.  However, when I go to the web page, I cannot sign on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note - I've never used UDS, but now find the need to.  I'd be willing to delete UDS (and associated SQL database) and reinstall (if I knew how!)

Super Contributor
fermanagh
My Device: Z30

Re: BES Administration Console / UDS

Hi,

You should only be using the account you used to install the service.

What exactly happens when you try to sign in on the BAS console? any error?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
Enterprise SME
-BD-

[ Edited ]

See this thread for the permissions to add for Network Service Account:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Unable-to-start-BES10-Admini...

Contributor
rameokirby

-BD- : Thanks for your help with permissions.  That seemed to do the trick. Next issue up is that I can't seem to log on to that console at all.  I AM using the username of the account I used to install the program.  This same username and password works fine for BDS Console ?

Enterprise SME
-BD-

[ Edited ]

You would have to log in with the default admin account and the password you set for it during the install. 

If you haven't logged into UDS before then you wouldn't have the Company Directory info configured yet.  So you woulndn't be able to add any AD users as administrators.

Contributor
rameokirby

-BD-.  Thanks once again !  I seem to be taking it one step at a time !  As suggested, entered default admin user and the password I assigned to it.  At least now not getting login failure, it seems to get past that hurdle, but now gives me a 404 not found error for the URL https://mybes10server.mydomain.com:6443/authorize.do .  Yes, the 6443 is on purpose.  I'm off to do more digging, but if you have any advice, fire away !

Enterprise SME
-BD-

you'd have to look at the Console logs and the Core logs that it is pointed at.

how was IIS installed on this machine?  Did the BES10 installer do it or was it preinstalled?

Contributor
rameokirby

IIS was preinstalled. Now going through (lengthy) logs, but nothing jumps out.
Super Contributor
fermanagh
My Device: Z30

Can you telnet to the UDS console address on port 6443?

Do you see any exceptions in the console log? There should definitely be something. Reproduce and use beartail tool to see logs in real time.

Have you checked that the binding in IIS for the core module is correct ?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy: