Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
iand109
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

BES Compatibility/support for Windows Server 2012

Hi,

we are wanting to move from Windows Small Business Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012.

However, there is no information at all about whether the BES is compatible with, or supports, Windows Server 2012.

If we can't get any info at all, we will have to move to Windows Server 2008, and then upgrade at a later date when it becomes supported.

Does anyone have any information or experience in this regard? Has anyone managed to install BES on Windows server 2012?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES Compatibility/support for Windows Server 2012

Windows Server 2012 is not supportedas it is not listed in the compatbility matrix yet:
http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/enterprise-server-compatibility.html#/h:/support/...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iand109

Does anyone know when it will become supported?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

iand109 wrote:

Does anyone know when it will become supported?

when it is ready and tested

SQL 2012 is supported for migration but not for install just yet

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB31728

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iand109

thanks, that's very helpful.

So, am I correct in thinking that if we already have BES installed on Windows Small Business server 2003, and we migrate to new hardware and software (Windows Server 2012), BES should work OK on the 2012 operating system, and with SQL 2012, as long as the Blackberry Configuration database has already been created successfully from SQL server 2003/5?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am sure a migration path will come, but its a wait for it now

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashlandsg
My Device: BES
My Carrier: Varies

Let anyone coming here know that BES is now supported on Windows 2012.  I landed here looking for the same answer.

Sincerely,

John Babbitt

Systems Administrator

Ashland Support Group

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I have BES 5 and BES 10 running on 2012

Please use plain text.
kirstence
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi there

Can someone please help me!  Trying to install blackberry enterprise service 10 on windows 8 and it just gets to the point of installing microsoft IIS component and then it comes up with an error and stops installation...any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

can you look at the install log for more details please

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Please use plain text.