Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

gnussbaum
My Device: Curve

BES Migration to new domain/Exchange organization

Hello,

I think I know the answer to my question but want to be sure.

We are looking to migrate to a new domain.  We are currently abc.com and will go to xyz.com.  Our email addresses were changed months ago to @xyz.com on the abc.com domain and that is our default SMTP address.  Our migration is to move our AD structure over to xyz.com.  This will also move use to the new xyz Exchange organization which is a different org, but still retaining the @xyz.com address.

We have the new BES server built in the new domain and need to move the users over.  Will they need to have their devices wiped even though they'll still have the same email addresses?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Migration to new domain/Exchange organization

Yes they will need to be wiped to remove the encryption keys.

or look at b*nator for help in the move, Its not free but you wont have to wipe.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V