Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES Migration

We are currently in the process of migrating 400+ users from bes 4.0 to bes 5.0. Over the past few days w have been running into a lot of problems.  For every 10 user's that we move 5 of them are not able to re-activate. Some of the errors being received on bb's; IT Policy Rejected, Activation failure please contact you administrator.  I am thinking that a wipe of the individual blackberry's will do the trick. The only problem with that is we have 400+ users and not are all that savy to do this &  users are @ various locations around the country.  Has anyone come across this before? Ideally I am hoping that there is a way to migrate the user's  w/out them even knowing they are being moved.

Any assistance would be GREATLY APPRECIATED as I am ready to pull what little hair I have left out of my head.

Thanks

kp

Contributor

Re: BES Migration

You can add the setting "Remote Wipe Reset to Factory Defaults" under Security in your current BES' policies.  You would be better to Wipe & re-EA to save lingering issue.

Good luck!

-silly-

New Contributor

Thanks Silly I will get with my people and try this. Thank you so much.
Contributor

No worries.  So the process would be:

- enable the aforementioned policy setting (keep in mind that if you change the setting, BES will resend the policy to all users associated with that policy so I would create a new policy and apply that to users you're moving for the day.)

- ensure policy is applied to HH

- alert user through your company's communication method and process

- send info to user on how to re-activate their own HHs

- send "Remote Wipe" command

- user EA away on their own

Cheers!

-silly-

New Contributor

Ok good deal thanks a lot. I do have a question. The method that you just gave me, how is this different from using the transporter tool?

I just stumbled across it. If I am understanding  this correctly the transporter does this all behind the the scenes?

Contributor

To be honest, I'm not familiar with it as we are in process of migrating from GroupWise to Exchange.

I believe that tool helps streamline behind the scene work between Exchange & BES so you do not have to.

I do not believe it does anything to the HH, which is the issue you're encountering.

-silly-

New Contributor

Thanks Silly the info you have given me has been VERY VERY helpful.

Cheers!