Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BES and open standards

[ Edited ]

Does RIM have any plans to allow BES customers to use open standards based email and groupware solutions instead of Exchange and Lotus?  I want to hook it into a standard IMAP/SMTP server, CalDav, CardDAP, and LDAP.  IMAP can send live push updates to BES too.  How about a new version of BES that runs natively on Linux, Solaris, AIX, or BSD?  Our company replaced our Exchange server with a Debian Linux solution, and I think many companies are doing the same.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES and open standards

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES and open standards

Thank you.  I was hoping that RIM would have built-in support for open standards rather than having to install a bundled solution.  We're using standard mail server software such as exim and dovecot, not commercial bundled solutions.   BES should be able to interface with any mail server without requiring a proprietary connector.