Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

farpet
My Device: Z10

BES v10.1.1 - Can not log in to the Admin Console using the AD user - BESadmin

Hi I have just installed a test version of BES v10.1.1 - and it works (nearly) fine. The problem I have is:

When login in as BESadmin (AD user) I get an error message "The username, password, or domain is not correct. Please correct the entry"

I have another test server running BES v10.0 and on this server I don’t have any problems (nor on the production server running BES v5.0.4)

I have searched the Internet but the solutions I found are only relevant for BES v5.

Yes, I have restarted / rebooted the server. I can log in as Admin (BlackBerry Administration Service). I have connected one Z10 to the server and it is working fine as well.

As I plan to use this as a production server I want the installation to be 100% - please advice.

Best regards
Harald
New Contributor
F1Neil
My Device: Q10

Re: BES v10.1.1 - Can not log in to the Admin Console using the AD user - BESadmin

HI

i had the same problem in that the AD user account that was used in the setup process does not automatically get added to the BDS console as a user. You will need to use the 'admin' login with the password that was specified during the setup process. You can then add your AD based admin account as an administrator user in the console itself using the following.

1. In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand the Administrator User tab.
  2. Click Create an Administrator User.
  3. Under Display Name, type the specified name.
  4. Under Authentication, select the Authentication type from the drop-down list.
  5. Specify the user name and domain if Authentication Type is Active Directory.
  6. Specify the user name and password if Authentication type is BlackBerry Administration Service.
  7. In the Role drop-down list, click the role that you want to assign to the administrator account.

Click Create an administrator user to save

Regards.