Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
Huby
My Device: Z10

BES10.1.1 UDS Settings for Traveler Server

I want to clarify some settings for UDS Profile for admins who have a Traveler server

UDS Traveler Profile:

Credentials: none

Domain: empty

email address: %UserEmailAddress%

Hostname or IP address: 172.xx.xx.xxx/traveler (for Traveler Version 9) or hostname travelerserver.company.com/traveler . Reachable from UDS host via cmd

Username: %DisplayName%

When the profile is pushed to the device, this settings were applied. So far so good.

iPhone: Go to settings, mail, calendar .. EAS (UDS Traveler) account, pushing the mail addess from the account. Go to password and set the Internet password of the user. The Username ist in format: John Doe

Checking ... after 20 seconds ... Exchange: the user credentials cannot be verified.

Several tries with combinations og the traveler server name are not successful.

IP/traveler, without /traveler with http:travelerserver/traveler with port traveler.company.com:80/traveler etc. etc. Nothing was successful.

Or ..is it maybe the external address of the traveler server? But i think it is the internal one because BDS UDS Server also stands inside.

Ideas?

We also know that Secure work space does not run withTraveler.

New Contributor
BB-Pit
My Device: Z10 and IPAD

Re: BES10.1.1 UDS Settings for Traveler Server

HI,

die Verbindung vom IOS oder Android Geraet geht über das Internet zum Traveler. Ab der UDS 10.1.1  kann die Verbindung auch über den Secure Work  Space erfolgen, da mach der UDS die Verbindung zum Traveler.

Contributor
Huby

writing in english ...

are you sure that the connection from iPhone to Traveler server is from external Internet? We have an rproxy defined and this traveler site hears from outside on a different port that 443. What i am doing is: enabling ssl in traveler profile.

Then typing in the traveler host, reachable from outside: traveler.company.com:4431/traveler. The port is just an example.

I will tell if it works. Just waiting for the policy to be pushed.

Contributor
Huby

that was it.

I expected that the traveler server was reachable from inside UDS server like the BDS component so i took the hostname which was reachable from inside.

Switching on ssl and choosing the external hostname for traveler with a different port as 443 is working.

About secure work space ... there is an article that describes that sws only works with MS exchange and not with traveler. Tested yesterday and took several profiles with internal addresses for the traveler server ... all profiles havn't worked.

* Secure Work Space for Android devices and iOS devices supports Microsoft Exchange only

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/54276/BES10_v10.1.1_Enterprise_solution_comparison_...

Thanks for info bb-dave !

Contributor
Huby

Re: BES10.1.1 UDS Settings for Traveler Server Secure work space

does anybody know that Secure work space only works with Exchange or does it run also with an internal Traveler host?

Setting up an user with Secure Work Space is OK, provide a traveler profile with an internal addess also works. Email profile and policy are applied. But if i setup the Work connect Email Setup, providing the password below Email and User name field, the error occurs that the server is not reachable.

Already had this issue because i have provided an internal traveler hostname instead of the external address.

So i want to know if secure work space rund with traveler or not and if i choose the external or internal address from traveler server using secure work space

Visitor
RHornicek
My Device: Not Specified

I have same problem.

Please, have you solved this problem? Thank you for your help.

Contributor
Huby

Traveler and BES10 works only with the latest Traveler version (already launched) and the new BES10.2.x version which is upcoming end of this month .... officially. There are some customers with a running traveler and BES10.1 version with Secure Work Space. I recommend that you should wait until 10.2. In the meantime you can install Domino 9.0.1 with the corresponding Traveler version, available since last week.

Huby