Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
kimba
My Device: Not Specified

BES10 - Data Roaming (Connectivity) control in Android

I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on whether any connectivity control will ever be available in BES10 for Android?

We are looking at different MDM solutions and I would dearly like to keep on the Blackberry path, but one of our main reasons for implementing an MDM is to curb our roaming costs across all devices. Current contenders are Airwatch and MobileIron, as BES10 only looks to support iOS in the current releases.

If there is no plan for this, then I will bite the bullet and move to another MDM solution, but if there is an upgrade/release that will allow this in the near future then I will try to push out the decision until then.

Any advice/information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES10 - Data Roaming (Connectivity) control in Android

what mail server are you using?

Excahnge 2010 can do this with BB10 devices or with BES but I have not tried with other types

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
kimba
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES10 - Data Roaming (Connectivity) control in Android

Thanks for the informaiton. We are not using Exchange 2010, only 2007 at the moment.

To clarify the issue, I have no problems with the roaming policy on BB10 or iOS as this is covered in BES10, it is just that the Android policy for connectivity is not available and I am trying to find out if this is slated for a future BES10 release, and if so, is there any timings surrounding this release?

It is the one point that will push us to Airwatch or MobileIron as they can manipulate and notify on connectivity policies for Android, while the current 10.1.3 release of BES10 does not - as shown here http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/55535/BES10_v10.1.2_Supported_features_by_device_ty... at the botom of page 2 and the start of page 3.

Everything is supported (with caveats!) except Android.