Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

BES10: Delete/Recreate same user taking long time?

[ Edited ]

[fixed wierd post display message]

Hi all.  Does anybody know how long it takes for the BES10 database to perfom a real deletion of a user, and/or sync with Active Directory?  My scenario is this:

I delete a user in BEs10 as part of troubleshooting (user can't use their Z10 so I"m deleting them so I can re-create their account and also re-activate their phone with a Work Account).  2 minutes later I try to do Create a User.  It comes up with the standard "search the directory" screen.  I put the user's name in, and it says it can't find it.  If I put another user in, somebody not even on BES10 previously, it finds that name and works fine. 

This leads me to think it's a dtabase management thing, where a deleted user is not really deleted until the mainteance cycle, so while waiting, there's no way to create that same user name again or something. 

So my questions are:

1.  How long might it take to where I can re-create a user who is the same person as I just deleted? 

2.  Is there a way fo speed this up, if it's something that otherwise takes hours to occur at the db level? 

Thank you. 

Regular Contributor

Re: BES10: Delete/Recreate same user taking long time?

[ Edited ]

I had made a 2nd post but don't seem to be able to delete it, s oI"ll just overwrite it with this joke:

Man walks into a bar.

Ouch. 

Lame, I know, it's all I got off the top right now :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anybody?  Sorry to persist, but it's been something like 16 or 20 hours since I had deleted the users in BES10, and while some of them I could immediately rescreate, a day later, I still cannot do so for some. 

The error I get is:

The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for. Verify the search criteria you specified and try again.

This isn't because I"m putting in the wrong search criteria, I'm using the same method to find each user, by typing just their first name in the "display name" field and everyone else is coming up fine, except these users I had previously deleted and now want to re-create. 

I've rebooted both the BES10 server and the AD server as well, neither made a difference.  Is there a way to restart just the database for BES10 or something? 

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

+1 to this question.  Have exactly the same problem.

Deleted two users from BES, could add one back in straight away but it's been 4 days and still can't add the 2nd on back in.

Have done the usual reboots also.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Have sorted this.  On the BES 10 User Search click "View More Criteria" and then it'll let you search for "Queued to delete the user" and then Remove it.  I could then re-add it.

Good luck.

Regular Contributor

Strange, I thought I had already posted back on here.  Apparently not.  Yep you have the solution.  I had emailed someone about this, citing the following steps as a solution.  These steps are from memory so the exact phrasing of each menu etc. may fbe slightly different:

1. Under Manage Users, click View More Criteria
  2. In the section User Criteria, there’s a True/False dropdown called Queued to Delete the User – set it to True.  This then allows searches to include users queued for deletion by the database
  3. Do a search for all users (or specific ones if desired), by either clicking Search without having entered any names, or just put in the specific named desired
  4. The resulting list will include any users Pending For Deletion
  5. Select them via checkbox and choose Immediately Remove All BlackBerry Services
  6. They will then be available in the Create Users screen