Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
mteehan
My Device: Z10

BES10 Exchange Migration Issue

Hello,

We're in the process of migrating users from Exchange 2003 to 2010.

As a test, I was the first Blackberry user to be migrated (after the BESAdmin account).

Some history first: We have previously had three different email domains and some users, including myself, have addresses for all three. Initially the Exchange 2010 server was using our oldest domain (let's say domain1.com) as the default (should have been domain3.com) and after migrating my mailbox the phone stopped working even with the new mail profile. 

We've since created a new default mail policy which fixed which domain was my default but when I add the new mail profile to myself in the BES admin screen, it's still picking up domain1.com and if I look at the settings on the phone, it still says domain1.com even though last night after the migration, it said domain3.com.

The only real difference in settings between the mail profiles is that the new server uses SSL. I noticed on the phone SSL is off but it won't let me switch it on. I could delete the account from the phone but I'm hoping I don't have to do that.

So at this point, I need to figure out how to get the phone and BES server to pick up domain3.com instead of domain1.com and get the mail working on the phone again.

I realize it's kind of a confusing scenario, hopefully I explained everything well enough. If I can provide any more info let me know.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES10 Exchange Migration Issue

remove the email profile from phone and activate it again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mteehan

Any way I can avoid having to do that in the future?

We actually only have one other user on BES10 at this point since we knew this upgrade was coming but it would be nice to not have to take her phone away for a day.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mteehan wrote:
Any way I can avoid having to do that in the future?

We actually only have one other user on BES10 at this point since we knew this upgrade was coming but it would be nice to not have to take her phone away for a day.

why a day? took me a minute to actvate and only a few minutes to remove work side.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mteehan

I work for a bank and work later hours than most. She works at one of our branches about half an hour away and would most likely end up dropping it off in the morning when I'm not around and wouldn't pick it up until that night or the next day.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

so tell user to delete the work space and then send activation email

its pretty easy to do

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mteehan

Trust me, if it was that easy that's what I would do. With their little to no technical abilities they're never comfortable doing it themselves.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

if they cant activate the phone on their own, maybe they should not have one

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mteehan

Well unfortunately when a senior manager comes down and says they want someone to have one or they want one themselves, we can't exactly say no.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

tru dat

owner had me activate his this week

Have a nice weekend

Please use plain text.