Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
My Device: All
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES10 IT Policy not working

I have created an IT policy, in which I have disabled(disallow) wifi, camera options and I assigned this policy to user. But in my Z10 phone still I am able to access camera and able to turnon/off wifi. What went I wrong. Please help me on this.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES10 IT Policy not working

using work space only or Balance?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer

@Knottyrope, If you dont mind , I have a question here.
Workspace and Balance both means same. Is it right?(in case of BB10)
There is one environment created after I activated my device (Z10)with BES10 i.e workspace.
Now, I dont have camera application in workspace. But in personal, I have camera application. Here my camera application is working fine, even though I have applied policy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you are using Balance which is not to affect the personal side so much

you can use workspace only to get what you want

also there is a way to have complete control of devie too with balance but requires a different CAL

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Developer

I have disabled BBM(which exists in workspace) in IT policy.But still I am able to access the BBM in device.
Guru III
My Device:

if using Balance then that would be expected

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Please tell me the difference between Balance and Workspace in case of BB10 devices

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Hi,

Everything about this is available on the BlackBerry website.

http://uk.blackberry.com/business/enterprise-mobility/work-personal.html

Balance = personal space and work space separated by using a type of secure containerisation although it's not really - separation is built into the core of the BlackBerry 10 OS unlike other device manufacturers - look at it as BYOD or COPE

Workspace only = effectively kills the personal space (used by security conscious organizations who want to lockdown the device, usually corporate owned devices.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
New Developer

[ Edited ]

@fermanagh, Thanks for your reply.
Now My device is enabled with Balance. But still my IT policies are not working. I am able to access camera, wifi, BBM even though they are disabled in the policy in Blackberry Device Service.If I need any different CAL, please help me on this

Note: Now we are using the trail version of BES10.2.3 and Blackberry device OS version is 10.2.X

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

This is expected behaviour as all these policies you mentioned only function when using Work space only and Regulated activation types

If you have balance enabled, it kind of defeats the purpose of blocking BBM on the personal side.

Same goes for camera and wifi etc

You need a gold license to be able to do what you want.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy: