Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
AdamOwen1
My Device: Blackberry Curve

BES10 UDS "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Configuration"

Hello,

I have gone through the setup of the activesync gateway as per the guide, I now want to create a new Microsoft Exchange ActiveSyn configuration, however, when trying to setup this I get the following:

Authentication was not successful. Please verify the authentication type, username, and password that you provided for the Microsoft Exchange Server.
Last executed by admin, May 30, 2013 10:41:54 AM (BST)

I am new to configuring UDS, would anyone offer guidance on to how I complete this please?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: BES10 UDS "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Configuration"

Powershell 2.0 is installed on UDS?
Permissions for the account was set like in the guide?
The account the permissions where set for is the same as you try to add on the UDS admin console?
Are you running on BES10.1 already?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AdamOwen1

Hi,

Currently running BES10.1 BDS on one server and UDS on another, BDS is in and operating and i am currently trying to get UDS functional.

I have UDS and BDS installed on Windows 2008 R2 standard servers with SP1 installed, i have Powershell 1.0 installed and had followed the below guide for setting up the user account:

Enable UDS Gatekeeper - Exchange Shell Commands

Create an account called UDSadmin

Run the following shell commands on your Exchange 2010 server (note: this feature is only supported on Exchange 2010)

New-ManagementRole -Name "uds_role_mail" -Parent "Mail Recipients"

New-ManagementRole -Name "uds_role_ca" -Parent "Organization Client Access"

Get-ManagementRoleEntry "uds_role_mail\*" | Where {$_.Name -ne "Get-ADServerSettings"} | Remove-ManagementRoleEntry

Get-ManagementRoleEntry "uds_role_ca\*" | Where {$_.Name -ne "Get-CasMailbox"} | Remove-ManagementRoleEntry

Add-ManagementRoleEntry "uds_role_mail\Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics" -Parameters Mailbox

Add-ManagementRoleEntry "uds_role_mail\Get-ActiveSyncDevice" -Parameters Identity

Add-ManagementRoleEntry "uds_role_ca\Set-CasMailbox" -Parameters Identity, ActiveSyncBlockedDeviceIDs, ActiveSyncAllowedDeviceIDs

New-RoleGroup "uds_group" -Roles "uds_role_mail", "uds_role_ca"

Add-RoleGroupMember -Identity "uds_group" -Member "UDSADMIN"

Via the UDS Admin Console select Setting

Within Settings under Gatekeeping enter the "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Configuration" (the username must be UDSAdmin)

I am logged in as UDSADMIN now and am trying to create the Exchange ActiveSync Configuration but it seems to fail no matter what information i present.

Do you have any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

You need Powershell 2.0 installed on UDS.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AdamOwen1

Hi,

Just ran the $host command in Powershell and it informs me that i have version 2.0 installed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AdamOwen1

Hi,

We still get the below error mesage:

Authentication was not successful. Please verify the authentication type, username, and password that you provided for the Microsoft Exchange Server.
Last executed by admin, May 30, 2013 2:05:11 PM (BST)

I have gone in to exchange Management Console > Server Configuration > Client Access > Exchange Active Sync.

I can see that we have this setup and the internal URL, we can also see the authentication type.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tweedle
My Device: RIM Z10

Do you have a CAS array? If so try to put configuration to one node and if it connect propertly setup the IIS permision on other node

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Please use plain text.