Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

BES10/Z10: Email Signatures in HTML?

It seems when you Google this subject, many many people say "it should work" but I've also seen a few posts around that say it doesn't.  Not sure I understand why this is just an ambigous subject - it's a simple question I would think:

Does the Z10 support email signatures that allow HTML, or more to the point, allow anything oter than just text? 

I've seen some people say to just throw the actual HTML code into the signature field and it'll work when you send it.  I really doubt this since that approach is something that 99.9% of people that use BlackBerry would not know how to do, and thus it's unlikely that is THE way to do this, if any way exists.  I've also heard one that said you can use Autotext to accompish this, but I"m not sure if that was for embedding HTML or not. 

Anyway, can somebody who knows what they're talking about please advise! Smiley Happy Thank you. 

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Re: BES10/Z10: Email Signatures in HTML?

As of today only plain text works in the signature field. Individuals have tried to put HTML code in there and it has failed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/email-signature-769920/

I will try to file an Enhancement Request with BlackBerry to see if they already have this request on the books, and if not to add it. That doesn't mean they will address it any time soon if ever though.