Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
brownin
My Device: Z10 BES10
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

BES10 admin lockout help

quite familiar with bes from past use etc but i managed to lock out our admin account and cannot gain access to the admin console, in past i have been able to access the database and browse through sql management studio to bdmgt database and find and reset the password from the dbo.BASUsers table

but in bes10 the table layout and databases look different, can anyone shed light on this? i need access to the console as soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: BES10 admin lockout help

Hi Brownin,

On our BDS database, there's a reference to dbo.basUsers in the 'Views' subfolder. I don't know enough about this though to suggest anything, just pointing it out in case it's useful.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brownin

Thank you, had a look and its a complete duplicate of the table

dbo.EASusers, and any amendments made in LoginPassword automatically update in the table you mentioned also.

I think I'm in the right place but I cant tell what encryption its using though otherwise i could just generate a hash and place it in there and hopefully I should gain access

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper

Would it help if I reset the password on our test server and gave you the hashed value that is generated? If so, tell me what information you need from which tables and I'll reset our admin password to 'blackberry'.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brownin

yes please that would be awesome,

databases > Tables > dbo.EASUsers > LoginPassword

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
orangekeeper

I set the Blackberry Authentication System Administrator account password to blackberry on our BDS BAS and confirmed that the table field on the SQL server changed to:

BEFFE563B1BBC3313563D0C1F1EB3AB468585AD43B32B1A41CDBBA810F0C7321858C4272D4B1FF70BFCA284DF77E875F90570FDC39348F493B481065C3D81033:89EF85DC

Hope this helps mate.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brownin

that is great, im back to the login failed contact administrator but thats 1 step, now to find the other dependency or table which needs probably some 'activeaccount' type field to be set to 1 or something
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brownin

I can login to web desktop manager however not the administrator service, is there a specific field/table i need to change a value in to allow the admin access to the admin service guys?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This is for BES 5 but maybe it can offer some help

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/BAS-first-login-forgot-my-pa...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brownin

ive done a bit of delving but i cannot see anything that could help, ive dug deep in the sql database and found that role id has to be set to 1 which is administrator, however still cannot login, there has to be some 'account active' style field causing problems
Please use plain text.