Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
bblacksheep
My Device: Z10, PB WiFi, Bold 9900
My Carrier: A1
Accepted Solution

BES10: deleted user cannot be re-added

Hi,

During testing I inadvertedly deleted a user on the BES10 (BDS).

However when trying to re-add the user in question ("Create user") this userid/name doesn't appear as a user that can be added any more.:No:

I already checked whether there's still the deletion process going on but I have no deployment jobs pending whatsoever.

Also tried rebooting the server - didn't help either.

So how can I get that user back into BES10?

(BTW, I found a posting on http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-f321/removed-users-bes10-but-cant-add-him-back-783243/ that looks similar. However in my case the user in question isn't stuck in the deletion process; i.e. the user doesn't appear in the "manage users" list any more)

Thanks much in advance for your help,

-bblacksheep

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES10: deleted user cannot be re-added

To verify if BlackBerry smartphone user accounts are queued for deletion, perform the following steps:

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management, expand User.

1. Click Manage Users.

1. In the Search for users menu, click Advanced search.

1. In the Email criteria section of the Advanced Search, select True in the Queued removal of BlackBerry services drop-down box.

1. Click Search.

BlackBerry smartphone users who are pending a deletion, but the process has not completed, will be displayed.

The BlackBerry smartphone user account can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry service by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Display name of the BlackBerry smartphone user that is displayed when searching for BlackBerry smartphone users that are Queued removal of BlackBerry services.

1. Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

If user is stuck in pending delete, you can drop user from database using the following:

1. Open command prompt
2. Type "osql -E"
3. 1>use BESMgmt
4. 2>go
5. 1>delete from userconfig where mailboxsmtpaddr=''user@domain.com''
6. 2>go

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bysdontcry
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BES10: deleted user cannot be re-added

So there's a user (ME) that I removed after initial testing of my newly built BES 10 server and it's stuck in pending delete in the admin console.  The SQL above isn't valid for BES 10.  I show a list of users using SQL and it doesn't show me in any kind of state, active or pending delete.  I've had a ticket open with Blackberry Support for 5 days now with no luck yet.  I really need to add myself back so I can work from my phone again.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.