Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

BES10 with Standalone Router in DMZ

[ Edited ]

Hallo Blackberry Users,

maybe someone can answer me to the following simple question.

Today I installed two new 2008 R2 server. One of it I placed in our DMZ and installed the BES10 Standalone Router Service on it. The other server I placed into our trust Zone behind the firewall. Then I opened the port 3101 between the trust Zone and the DMZ to communicate from the BES10 server to the BES10 Router in the DMZ. How can I check if the internal server use the BES10 Router in the DMZ? When I try to connect a Blackberry device its working but I can not see any access to the server in the DMZ in the log files of the firewall. Is there also a Router function on the internal BES10 in the default installation (it was not selected the option Install Standalone Router during installation on internal BES10)?

Thanks all for your response.

Best Regards

Philipp

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BES10 with Standalone Router in DMZ

Hi Philipp,

same situation here. Just check the following:

in BES Admin console (aka: Blackberry Device Service) go to Blackberry Solution Topology -> Blackberry Domain -> Server View -> <your servername> <your instance> (on my server the list option below "BAS").

Here you should find your SRP information as entered during setup and the Router (section srp addresses). If your router is not listed here, delete the srp.whatever.blackberry.net and add your router. If the firewall is opened on 3101 to your router in the DMZ, you should get a "connected" in the SRP information.

Caution: In my environment this only shows, if the BDS can connect to the router, not, if the router is connected to the srp.

Hope this helps

cheers

eKKi