Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
Fromme
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES5 installation problem (SQL Statement)

My db admin created an empty db for me and i run the createdb with default settings. (no errors at this point.)

Now when i run setup and it wants to upgrade the db it fails:

"An attempt to upgrade the database was unsuccessful. An error occurred while executing an SQL statement."

Here is the last 5 lines of the setup.log:

[30000] (06/16 11:02:09.836):{0xE3C} SQL being executed:
 DELETE FROM BASMetaDataDefinitions WHERE PlugInId = 106
INSERT INTO BASMetaDataDefinitions(MetaDataDefinitionId, PlugInId, DataTypeId, Name, IsMandatory, DefaultValue,
                                   DoesModifyRequireRestartWarning, IntegerMaximumValue, IntegerMinimumValue,
                                   StringValidationType, StringLengthMinimumValue, StringLengthMaximumValue)
       VALUES(1,106,2,'QueryLimit',1,50,0,65535,1,null,null,null)
INSERT INTO BASMetaDataDefinitions(MetaDataDefinitionId, PlugInId, DataTypeId, Name, IsMandatory, DefaultValue,
       VALUES(2,106,0,'EnableDataCompression',1,0,0,null,null,null,null,null)
INSERT INTO BASMetaDataDefinitions(MetaDataDefinitionId, PlugInId, DataTypeId, Name, IsMandatory, Def
[20000] (06/16 11:02:10.024):{0xE3C} [CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteDDL] COM Error 0x80040E14 - IDispatch error #3092 - Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" - Description "Invalid column name 'rsaAuthSupport'." Native error = 207

[20000] (06/16 11:02:10.024):{0xE3C} [CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteDDL] COM Error 0x80040E14 - IDispatch error #3092 - Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" - Description "Invalid column name 'rsaAuthSupport'." Native error = 207

[20000] (06/16 11:02:10.024):{0xE3C} [CBESDBInstaller::ExecuteDDL] SQL Error for:
DELETE FROM BASMetaDataDefinitions WHERE PlugInId = 106
       VALUES(1,106,2,'QueryLimit',1,50,0,65535,1,null,null,null)
       VALUES(2,106,0,'EnableDataCompression',1,0,0,null,null,null,null,null)
INSERT INTO BASMetaDataDefinitions(MetaDataDefinitionId, PlugInId, DataTypeId

[10000] (06/16 11:02:10.024):{0xE3C} An attempt to upgrade the database was unsuccessful. An error occurred while executing an SQL statement.
Contributor
Fromme

Re: BES5 installation problem (SQL Statement)

Contributor
Silly

Greetings,

Mabbe the account used to access SQL (BESAdmin) does not have the proper rights?

I just went through my install a couple of times with no issues so just make sure the DB access account has proper rights.  It MIGHT want to have SysAdmin (yah, your db admin will cringe) during the initial install... but tell db admin that right can be removed once you get BES install.  Keep that right assignment in back of your mind coz future updates might require it as well... I'm not sure since I just leave it.

Good luck!

-silly-

Contributor
Fromme

Solved...

Collation setting was set wrong.